What breed to get???

What breed????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't get a Sussex. They're known for crop problems. :(
Mine have never had crop issues and they are 3 years old, only bird i ever had crop issues was a blrw rooster but he was up there in age before it became pendulous. Its like me saying i had a scissor beak ameraucana so dont get those as they are prone to it...🤷 Any breed can have issues.

Mine have never had crop issues and they are 3 years old, only bird i ever had crop issues was a blrw rooster but he was up there in age before it became pendulous. Its like me saying i had a scissor beak ameraucana so dont get those as they are prone to it...🤷 Any breed can have issues.
Yeah!!

I still want them.

Yeah I have a lot my biggest think is if I need to build another coop!
I can Build a 6ft long 4ft wide coop pretty easily!!!
I only can have 5. My coop is a 8 ft by 4 ft, so i could get more if i moved. It took us about 2 weeks to build that with only spending about a hour and a half each day then having to wait for materials.

I have seen all types of chickens have issues especially crop issues.

I would recommend the brahmas, they are very pretty and sweet. I personally prefer the look of the light brahmas. They are decent layers and are not a production breed. If you added other to that list I would have said Jersey Giant. They are good layers, are sweet and full of personality, and are not production breeds. I hope you enjoy the breeds you get!

Back
Top Bottom