What breed to get???

What breed????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
I voted Brahma. They're good in whatever temperature and may, may not go broody. They're a pretty bird though they can get interesting attatudes at times. As a heritage breed, they're not production and will lay longer. The Buff Brahma is my favorite color on them.

Orpingtons would be my second pick. Lavenders can be hard to find and expensive though.

I voted Brahma. They're good in whatever temperature and may, may not go broody. They're a pretty bird though they can get interesting attatudes at times. As a heritage breed, they're not production and will lay longer. The Buff Brahma is my favorite color on them.

Orpingtons would be my second pick. Lavenders can be hard to find and expensive though.
I agree! Brahmas and orpingtons are the best! I also would love to own Marans i have heard they are good! Another breed is a Austrolorp(just a suggestion, mine is great still laying in -2 degrees). Although lavendar orpingtons cost $25 dollars where i live and i can barely find them so i would have to order(i have a buff).

yeah I have the bantam version but i want light

yeah I know where to get them though
Ok!

If you know where to get them, then they'd be a great choice. They're a very beautiful bird. They do like to go broody and make excellent mother's.

Ok!

If you know where to get them, then they'd be a great choice. They're a very beautiful bird. They do like to go broody and make excellent mother's.
My buff orp is hiding eggs and sleeping in the nesting box. She did go broody for a few days but i broke her. About the 5th time she has tried this year.

Brahmas all the way. I love them! They are so friendly, quirky, an nice looking. I get a decent amount of eggs also.
So far they have been pretty much bulletproof too.
B15D7C88-2CD7-4BBA-BC0C-03AA62E2B97B.jpeg
4EC47497-DE0A-41D2-8CB6-C584C45A86FD.jpeg

Another breed is a Austrolorp
I know tons who have those I want special stuff

(Special to me)
Although lavendar orpingtons cost $25 dollars
Yeah, I got my rooster for 20!!!!
i can barely find them so i would have to order
Yeah or for me get them off craigslist but i rather order
Ok!

yeah my buff orp tried but they all went missing
Brahmas all the way. I love them! They are so friendly, quirky, an nice looking. I get a decent amount of eggs also.
So far they have been pretty much bulletproof too.
View attachment 3354958
View attachment 3354961
alright!!

Back
Top Bottom