What breed to get?

..and humans!! Living in Africa I am always scared someone will steal one of my girls!!! We also have characal and verraux eagles, but our dogs are good - they are big and scary and ignore the chickens, but hate anything that looks like a cat or a mongoose! so they were sworn in to be chicken-guarding-dogs. I dont think they take it too seriously though.. My alsation actually herds my chickens, too, but just to be annoying, not to keep them safe.

hi everyone,i was wondering a few months ago i read that in south africa naked neck chickens are very popular ,i just wondering if this is true,well i love naked neck,and i imagine how many predators are in south africa ,some predators that we dont even know here in usa or in my country costa rica.

hi everyone,i was wondering a few months ago i read that in south africa naked neck chickens are very popular ,i just wondering if this is true,well i love naked neck,and i imagine how many predators are in south africa ,some predators that we dont even know here in usa or in my country costa rica.

Since I'm not from SA I can't say but we don't have naked neck chickens in Senegal. Mostly just white leghorns. My parents still live in Senegal and they show pictures of my chickens to some of their friends and they can't get over how colorful and fat
big_smile.png
my chickens are...I have speckled sussex, black copper maran, brown leghorn, buckeyes, EE's, blue andalusian, belgian d'uccle, and GL wyandotte.

Back
Top Bottom