what breed was your favorite roo?

I like my turken rooster cause he's so darn cute!
big_smile.png

I've only ever had one rooster, but he's the sweetest and gentlest little rooster I've ever met! He's a Serama.
love.gif

My favorite roo is a golden Sebright. His name is Pablo and he does the cutest little dance for the ladies. He also calls lets them know about treats. It really is so endearing. He is also a sweetheart to my children. That really matters to me.

I only have 4 roos and they are my first. Two are White Leghorns with no real personality as of yet. The other 2 are Silver Sebrights names Laru and Black Bart.

Laru was the first to crow and became my favorite because he is the smaller of the 2. I had him out one evening and I started digging in some dirt for worms. He realized what I was doing and before too long was standing next to me watching eagerly for worms.

Bart is the louder of the 2 in the crowing department. He is also more friendly.

I do love my Sebrights. They are some of the cutest birds I've ever seen.

We got our 1st Roo from Craigslist - last week. He is a year old Buff Orpington aptly named BO... We have 4 hens and 6 pullets, the pullets are 19 weeks old . Total flock = 9 BO and 1 Barred Rock.

When 'BO' was placed in the run, he thru his chest back and patrolled the area, all of the pullets flocked to him, he began to scratch and find tidbits and then would back up and let the ladies have whatever he had uncovered. He is a gentleman and a wee bit shy, also the last one out of the coop everyday.

The fighting has ceased and the pullet with the bloody head is healing well, I knew I needed and 'office manager' to help the ladies get along with each other, but 'BO' has surpassed all that I expected...

wayne

My best roos have been RIRs. two good ones, other nice ones but the RIRs were the best. I don't make pets out of mine though they are usually friendly enough and easy to treat well.

My favorite is my current rooster. He is a blue Old English Game Bantam named "King Henry". I like him for his attitude. He's all of maybe a pound and a half, if that, but he rules the farm. He protects his hens very well, is pretty gentle with them, but if anyone messes with them, watch out! I've seen him try to take on two or three New Hampshire roosters at a time and he won't give up! He's just a really pretty rooster too, and his crow is not very loud so he does not bother anyone.

Back
Top Bottom