What breed?

jenifern

Songster
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
Canada
I was sold these as part of a dual purpose assortment. They are sexed pullets. The options that they could be, are: ISA brown, Red Sussex or possibly RIR(though I didn't think they were sex-able at hatch). They were not identified on the packing label aside from being pullets. All were orange when they arrived as day olds so I assumed ISA's but now that they are feathering out I am perplexed.

Thanks for any ideas you may have. :)
20190418_145325.jpg
20190418_145321.jpg
20190418_145305.jpg

I was sold these as part of a dual purpose assortment. They are sexed pullets. The options that they could be, are: ISA brown, Red Sussex or possibly RIR(though I didn't think they were sex-able at hatch). They were not identified on the packing label aside from being pullets. All were orange when they arrived as day olds so I assumed ISA's but now that they are feathering out I am perplexed.

Thanks for any ideas you may have. :) View attachment 1746666 View attachment 1746669
Yes, RIR are "sexable at hatch"....they are vent sexed which is about 90% accurate....this method is applied to all breeds that aren't autosexing or sex-linked hybrids.....RIR pullets would be readonably included in an assortment such as yours.

Back
Top Bottom