20220404_180055.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220404_180031.jpg
    20220404_180031.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 2
What breed do these look like to you?
I hatched them.

I think at least some are mixed breeds.

Do you remember what color eggs they hatched from?
Do you know what breeds the mothers and father were?

I'm thinking there were probably several breeds of hens, and one or more breeds of rooster, to produce that much variety in the chicks:
I see black, blue, and barred.
I see single combs and pea combs.
I see several different colors of feet.

Can you get photos of the chicks at their level? From the side maybe?
Also, I have some concerns about your brooder.

1) Where is the heat?! Chicks NEED heat at that age unless your house is 95* day and night. Red heat lamps, reptile heat lamps, brooder plates all work great. Even a non LED light bulb can work well. That is a necessity.

2) Where is the bedding? Chicks that live on floors like that can develop splayed leg, which is a pain to treat. It will also get dirty and smelly really quick without bedding.

3) That brooder is much to small for those chicks, I don't like the holes, and its way to short. A chick could stick its heat through one and get stuck, or try to get out that way and get stuck. They are also going to outgrow that really quickly, and it will be hard to keep clean and smelling nice if they are in a brooder to small. Plus its to short, and those chicks are going to easier jump out of their which is a safety hazard. Not only to them, but to you. Not very sanitary to have chick poop all over your house.

4) Those are my only major concerns, but as a suggestion, you can raise that waterer with a brick or something similar to help keep it clean. Maybe you want to read my article about setting up a chick brooder to give you some ideas on how to improve your setup.
The Ultimate Guide to Setting Up a Chick Brooder
I hope my post is helpful and doesn't come across as frank. :)
1. I have a heat lamp
2. I've raised chicks in that same thing and they didn't get splayed legs
3. They can't even stick their beak through those holes
4. How do you know that's to short if you didn't even see the top?

Something with barring possibly. Maybe Barred Rock, Dominique, or a sex linked breed being that only some have head spots. Maybe Black Sexlink? That is a guess, I could easily be wrong.
The grey chick looks like it could be a Silkie, though I could easily be wrong again.
Ok so I have a different post but the same exact thing, could you check that one out?

Can you get photos of the chicks at their level? From the side maybe?
Also, I have some concerns about your brooder.

1) Where is the heat?! Chicks NEED heat at that age unless your house is 95* day and night. Red heat lamps, reptile heat lamps, brooder plates all work great. Even a non LED light bulb can work well. That is a necessity.

2) Where is the bedding? Chicks that live on floors like that can develop splayed leg, which is a pain to treat. It will also get dirty and smelly really quick without bedding.

3) That brooder is much to small for those chicks, I don't like the holes, and its way to short. A chick could stick its heat through one and get stuck, or try to get out that way and get stuck. They are also going to outgrow that really quickly, and it will be hard to keep clean and smelling nice if they are in a brooder to small. Plus its to short, and those chicks are going to easier jump out of their which is a safety hazard. Not only to them, but to you. Not very sanitary to have chick poop all over your house.

4) Those are my only major concerns, but as a suggestion, you can raise that waterer with a brick or something similar to help keep it clean. Maybe you want to read my article about setting up a chick brooder to give you some ideas on how to improve your setup.
The Ultimate Guide to Setting Up a Chick Brooder
I hope my post is helpful and doesn't come across as frank. :)
I thought you were talking about the other post I made with different pictures

1. I have a heat lamp
2. I've raised chicks in that same thing and they didn't get splayed legs
3. They can't even stick their beak through those holes
4. How do you know that's to short if you didn't even see the top?
She is just offering advice. Weeg is very knowledgable. And I understand. You havent been on here very long. Some people don't come across too well. Weeg just wants to make sure that chick raising is easiest for you and safer and better for your chicks.

Back
Top Bottom