What Breeds Are My Ducks and Where Can I Buy Duck Diapers and Harnesses?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Giselle_, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Giselle_

Giselle_ Just Hatched

Jun 5, 2017
    Can anyone help me figure out what breeds my ducks are? I'm pretty sure the yellow one is a runner duck, right? Also, does anyone know where I can buy duck diapers and harnesses? upload_2017-6-5_17-14-18.png upload_2017-6-5_17-23-26.png

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I really don't know much about ducks but, I think runner ducks have a much more UPRIGHT stance than that. Please post on the "duck thread," to ask experienced folks.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you ask on the "people with houseducks" thread, they can tell you where to get duck diapers. They are not cheap.

4. jandsferguson

jandsferguson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2015
    I have the same two. The white one looks like a Perkins and the black and yellow looks like a mallard. But I am not sure. How old are they? The black and yellow if a female mallard will get green feathers on the head. If a male it will turn brown.

5. PatrickRoo

PatrickRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2017
    This may be helpful for your harness and diaper needs, http://www.flightquarters.com/bird-diapers/category/duck-goose-diapers.html My laptop is being painfully slow, so I can only see part of the pictures because the rest won't load. I can't exactly tell what breeds of ducklings those are because it's so slow. I'll come back later, hopefully with information for you on what breed your ducklings may be, I have to restart the router and let the birds out of the coop, haha! :lol: Also, :welcome

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Giselle_ likes this.
  6. PatrickRoo

Jun 2, 2017
    Okay. The laptop is going a little faster. The dark brown/black and yellow duckling looks like a Rouen duckling. The yellow duckling looks like a Pekin duckling.

Giselle_ likes this.
  7. Giselle_

Giselle_ Just Hatched

Jun 5, 2017
    Are you sure the yellow one isn't an Aylesbury?

8. PatrickRoo

Jun 2, 2017
    I'm pretty positive it isn't an Aylesbury, your duckling has a darker beak than an Aylesbury duckling.

Giselle_ likes this.
  9. Giselle_

Giselle_ Just Hatched

Jun 5, 2017
    Now he/she looks like this. I attached the pictures. I looked up Pekin ducks and hey don't look like this. None of them have markings like my duck has.

Attached Files:

10. PatrickRoo

Jun 2, 2017
    Your duckling is developing his white feathers it looks like, Pekin ducks are white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by