What Breeds are these chicks??? Not what was ordered! Pic Heavy

bossynbella

Songster
12 Years
Aug 11, 2007
Iowa
I am posting this for a friend of ours. They ordered 15 chicks from some place I hadn't heard of before. Hazelton or something like that. Anyway they ordered 15 all where suppose to be Black Australorps and Black Beauty's (I think Black Sexlinks) They are happy with the wide variety of colors but they are No where near all black. Help with the breed would be great!!!!

JeffsBlackChicks.jpg

THinking the all black ones are the sexlinks. Not sure if the one with the spot on the head is a male sexlink or a BR??

JeffsBlackredchick.jpg

Close up of one of the black ones they have a red tint to there heads.

JeffsCHicks5.jpg

Sorry about the bad lighting. You can see the very red chick in the pic though. IT is the only one that is that dark of a red.

JeffsChicks1.jpg

Again you can see the red one and one of the buff ones as well, Im guessing Red sexlink for the buff ones.

JeffsChicks2.jpg

The dark one is in the foreground The white ones are prolly White leghorns the person we ordered with orderd 20 but there where alot more then that when they picked them up.

JeffsChicks3.jpg

More chicks.

JeffsChicks4.jpg

JeffsChicks6.jpg

JeffsChicks7.jpg

JeffsChicksBuffBR.jpg

another of the black spot one showing two of the ones I think might be the red sex links.
I think there are 15 chicks. 5 white. 5 buff.1 red.1black australorp. 3Black with bits of white on chest and belly and 1 black with red shading on head.

Thanks in advance sorry its so many pictures

I'm with suenrob. I don't know what they are but they're sooo adorable! Sorry, I can't help.

As they start to get feathers, perhaps they will be easier to identify. Keep us updated with more pics if you can!

They look to me like a mix of red & black sexlinks. The black ones with the spot on their head could be Marans.

Regardless of what breeds they turn out to be, if they are not what was ordered, which seems obvious to me, they should contact the hatchery and complain. The hatchery should send a new order and not charge for the ones already received or, at the very least, refund all your friend's money.

I agree with Becky, they look to be red and black sexlinks. The white ones with the light red strips down their backs are red sexlinks, and the black ones that have kinda rust color on their heads are probably black sexlinks. JMHO

Black sexlink hen chicks can have red faces(acctually all I ever got from the hatchery were black with red faces) and occasionally you get an all red one(they are a dark brownish red), those feather out to be a dark red with black markings on their feathers, very pretty.

The one with the spot on its head is either a BR or a black sexlink roo.

The buff ones I would also guess to be red/gold sexlinks.

Anna

Back
Top Bottom