What breeds are these

Evan cooley

Chirping
Oct 22, 2017
2C033238-442C-42EF-B72C-AD0D9F6FA21A.jpeg
these chicks hatched out of eggs sold as lavender orphington hatching eggs can anyone tell me what breeds they are please and if anyone can tell me their genders I would greatly appreciate it left one is supposed to be a chocolate orphington and right is supposed to be a blue orphington.

I’m not the best at genetics, but I’m pretty sure the blue is a mutated black gene, so if you do blue x blue will have 50% blue, 25% black, and 25% splash. Correct me if I’m wrong. The other looks like partridge to me. Again, correct me if I’m wrong.

Redranger209 i cannot correct you i do not know what they are I am just looking for opinion I thought the left one looked partridge or laced so I am a little closer to knowing

I'm confused... First you say they are out of Lavender eggs. Then you say one is supposed to be Chocolate and the other Blue???

The left could be an off color out of Chocolates. The right could be a Black out of Blues.

Did the seller have other breeds/colors in with the Lavenders? Did you get the wrong eggs?

Its hard telling what you've actually got then. Post pictures at around 4-5 months of age and maybe we can sort out what you've got.

Back
Top Bottom