What breeds do these guys/gal look like?

The black one is not a barred rock my best guess is black sexlink pullet but that may not be correct. And the EEs are quite young to sex also they may need a few more weeks to feather in before anyone can sex them.

What color are the legs on the "barred rock" with the head spot and barring?

I'll repost pics of the EE's in a week or two, and the barred one has yellow legs with a tiny bit of black on the top of its feet.
I know the guy we got them from had a barred rocks, leghorns, and a type of red chicken running around. He has a few pens set up but his chickens were all free ranging, so sexlink could be possible right? I mean my white leghorn is a mix so maybe they are too.

Im just slightly frustrated because we drove two hours and paid $5 a chick because my husband wanted the brown leghorns and I wanted the barred rocks, but a guy that lives 5 minutes away had some nice barn yard mix chicks( barred rock included in some of them) for $1 each and then my other group of barred rocks I paid $1.50 each and they will replace any roos. So I feel a like I wasted my time/money

Black Sexlink is possible if they have a red or red based rooster running around. The typical rooster used is a Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire rooster. I use a Black Copper Marans to make mine.

It sounds like the barred one is a possibly a barred rock and Im thinking the one pictured may be a pullet, small head spot and mostly yellow legs with a black washing on the fronts is typically pullet like.

Im looking forward to the update pics of all the chicks.

It sounds like the barred one is a possibly a barred rock and Im thinking the one pictured may be a pullet, small head spot and mostly yellow legs with a black washing on the fronts is typically pullet like.
I was actually talking about this guy

But the one in the group pic is from the second group I got and all of them have black on their legs but some of them have really splotchy heads, I swear if I have time in the next couple days I may just take individual pics of them all lol

More Chick Pics! This isn't all of the babies but its most of them :)

#1 Brown Leghorn (Cockerel?)

#2 Leghorn mix ( I have no clue)

#3 Brown leghorn (Hen?)

#4 Barred Rock (hen?)

#4 Barred Rock (hen?)

#5 Barred Rock (cockerel?)

#5 Barred Rock (cockerel?)

#6 EE

#6 EE

#7 EE

#7 EE

#8 EE named Tattoo

#8 EE named Tattoo

#9 EE

#9 EE

#10 EE sorry about the bad pic

#10 EE

Its a little young to tell gender. However, here are my guesses:

1: Looks like a cockerel
2: Cockerel
3: Probably a cockerel, but I'm not certain
4: Pullet
5: Too young to tell, but could be cockerel.
6: I'm guessing cockerel, based on the comb (it looks like it has three rows-- in Easter Eggers, three rows usually means cockerel)
7: Looking like a pullet so far
8: Not sure, but guessing cockerel
9: Pullet
10: Not sure

6: I'm guessing cockerel, based on the comb (it looks like it has three rows-- in Easter Eggers, three rows usually means cockerel)
Yup, I knew it was going to be WAYYY too many Roo's I have 19 chicks I was being hopeful and thought I would have 10 cockerels and 9 pullets I think I'm going to end up with 5 hens ...... at least the farm I got the barred rocks from will exchange any cockerels

7: Looking like a pullet so far

I'm thinking the same as you.

Luke.

x2

Back
Top Bottom