What breeds do you have, that you want to get rid of?

Quote:
What has drawn you to Icelandics? Inquiring minds want to know!!
cool.png

Quote:
Really? My BA is sooo friendly! Unless her sister,Bell'e (EE but we got them together so they act like sisters) Gets hurt, or is getting hurt by the mean rooster, Jewels (The BA) Comes in and starts pecking at the rooster until he stops hurting her 'sister' Their a great team ^^ But Jewels is like the top of the pecking order.. and when new chickens comes along, she lieks to uhm. Test how long she gets to peck at them >.>... But when she broods.. you'd better bun away she'll attack =/

I have been thinking of getting rid of my hatchery stock mixed layers and sticking to one LF breed. I can't choose which breed though! I have narrowed the selection down to:
-Heratige Barred Rocks or Silver Penciled Rocks
-Coronation Sussex
-Lav/black split orps
-Exhibition SC white leghorns (flighty I know but they eat so little and lay so much)!
-Heratige Delwares

I also am currently selling off my seramas (other than my favorite hen) to take over their pen for my new silkie project....I will NEVER get rid of my silkies!

he.gif
...my earliier post stated what i would change and ,also said i haven't made my mind up on the buff orpinton---that is now settled , they could get the boot also...
barnie.gif
... , beautifull birds , but i still can't walk by nearly a few feet away with out them litterly running and squaking ....
somad.gif
rant.gif
.. ----- to do all over again------delaware's ..
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
.. , the chicken of choice ,and a couple of speckled sussex for also being nice gentle birds , and to add color to the flock...
thumbsup.gif

I have only had bantams, so I can't speak for the standard breeds. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all my banty Cochins...it is so hard for me to even sell youngsters. They are so sweet, roos are not normally mean to chicks and aren't mean to their girls.
smile.png

I have had d'uccle, which for some reason mine were not very friendly...booted bantams that were pretty much grown when I got them, but also not very sweet. The roo pecked my hand once and pinched it...I decided the butthead bit me....so he went packing....haha!

I'm sure the d'uccle would have been sweeter if I played with them more, but cochin seem to always come around even when they aren't played with all the time.

We have Sebrights, also, but only a few girls which are simply around because they are cute and I love their huge puffed up chests...not particularly sweet or evil.
smile.png

Kristen

My 3 Buff Cochins. They are slow & akward moving, they remind me of muppets. Their butts are always messy & need to be cleaned. I free range & they just don't cut it as free range chickens.

Back
Top Bottom