What breeds get along well?

Small Farm

Chirping
Feb 24, 2016
Middleton, Idaho
I was planning on getting an African goose, White Chinese goose, Runner ducks, Polish chickens, Silkie chickens and Guinea Fowl. I was wondering how well these different birds will get along with each other? Any information you can provide me would be great!!!

I can't say much for Guinea's or the Geese but as far as I know those Geese Breeds are fairly large, Silkies are Bantam (small) and Polish can be found in bantam and largefowl. Mixing large and small doesn't Usually work out (though sometimes, like for me, it does) Though from what my friends tell me thier Geese stay away from the ducks and they both stray from the chickens so maybe you wont have any issues.

Now, if youre planning to Free-Range your chickens, I would never ever suggest Silkies or Polish, any size. They're both crested (bearded is worse) and they have the most Awful time seeing and looking up. In order for our silkie and Polish to free range with the rest of our girls we have to give them Monthly Haircuts to reduce the size of the crest and beards..

Back
Top Bottom