What breeds? Please =) New pics page 3 - PIC HEAVY

Your Orloff chick looks more like an Splash Adalusian(sp?). Your white leghorn chick looks like a white leghorn to me! I don't know on the others... Hope this helps!
big_smile.png

Hollywood, her legs aren't green like my EE. They are more grey. I just sent My Pet Chicken pics of her and said WHAT IS SHE? Hopefully they will be able to tell me because they are the ones that shipped her to me!

Zepher, I just tried to find some pics of the Splash Andalusion but can't seem to find any but you are right. She does look more like that coloring than the Russian Orloff.

UGH.

I got ahold of Natures Hatchery to find out what they sent me. I sent them my pictures.

They said the all white and the white with black spots are both leghorns. Well, that worries me. The one with black markings is twice the size of the one without markings at age day 2. I can't have a Rooster in my neighborhood! I would lose my flock if the neighbors complained.

The three speckled sussex that I thought I had might be different breeds. A speckled sussex, a welsummer and a Russian orloff (most likely 2 sussex and 1 orloff).

The 2 brown ones might be RIR

The black one might be an Australorp and not a cuckoo maran. She doesn't have feathering on her feet and she has a white mask.

The 4 I lost in shipping... 2 whites, 1 brown and one that looked like a speckled sussex (could have been the welsummer if they actually shipped one).

My smallest white doesn't look so good today. Kinda mouth breathing. Another girl didn't seem well when she got here yesterday but she's much better today. They all seemed fine yesterday after they had sugar water and food. UGH. I've never lost birds before (I only have 19). I'm a mess.

My 4 week old is a mystery. I contacted My Pet Chicken to find out what she was but haven't heard back from them.

Here's better pictures of the three that I thought were all speckled sussex. What do you guys think?

Chick #1
45467_img_0119.jpg

45467_img_0117.jpg

45467_img_0118.jpg

45467_img_0117-1.jpg

Chick #2
45467_img_0120.jpg

45467_img_0121.jpg

45467_img_0122.jpg

45467_img_0120-1.jpg

Chick #3
45467_img_0129.jpg

45467_img_0125.jpg

45467_img_0130.jpg

45467_img_0128-1.jpg

And a close up of the one that might be a australorp or a cuckoo maran
45467_img_0105.jpg

45467_img_0106.jpg

Thanks again.

The black one might be an Australorp and not a cuckoo maran. She doesn't have feathering on her feet and she has a white mask.

I wouldn't count cuckoo maran out yet. Not all of them have feathered legs. My hens do which is the French Standard but my Rooster does not (has nothing to do with the sex). Clean legged marans are the English standard. I'd like to see this one again in about a week when she has more feathers.​

Thanks cejunes. This is driving me crazy. At first it was fun trying to figure out the breeds but now I want to know LOL!

I will definitely post pictures in a week of her.

Well, I don't know. They could be SS, or another of the ones that look like chipmunks as chicks.
BTW, your photos are terrific; what kind of camera and lighting are you using??

Thanks! I have a Canon 7D. Just using my EF-S 15-85mm lens and speedlite 430EX flash. I'm having fun shooting the chicks but they aren't the most well behaved models!

The one is a speckled sussex. and if any of them are the Orloff, it is the one that is buff colored above the white/splash chick.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom