What Breeds?

ChickenGirl3

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Hi Everyone,
I am kinda new to chickens had them for 1 1/2 years and we build a chicken mansion. >>>
72741_sam_0077.jpg

72741_sam_0081.jpg

And I also has an automatic door opener, automation waterer, and a dog run. It is hidden my the trees and in the picture its white it will turn green soon...STILL IN CONSTRUCTION.
ya.gif

So what i am asking is what breeds are very quiet because the other 3 chickens are noisy
D.gif

Over All Question: WHAT BREEDS ARE QUIET?
yippiechickie.gif

~ChickenGirl3

Most breeds are quiet, it depends on the individual hen, really.

The question that needs to be asked is, ask yourself, what are you looking for?
wink.png
Pretty colored eggs? Pretty colored birds? Fancy looking birds? LOTS of egg production? Broody hens for self sufficiency? Cold or Heat hardiness? Good foragers for free ranging?

I do not have a lot of experience, at my quietest birds are the cochins and EEs. My niosiest are the silver spangled hamburgs. Come to think of it, silkies never make any noise either...
I agree with Illia other considerations are probably for important, and there will be individual differences from bird to bird with any breed... at least I'm not aware of any mutes
tongue.png

Our EE pullets are very quiet, funny, love our company, get along well with others.

Of course, none of them have started to lay yet, so they may find a louder voice for their egg songs.

If you truly want something that won't make much if any sound at all, get some Gamefowl.
wink.png
They don't make loud egg-song calls, and hardly "talk" much. They're very friendly despite their appearance and facial expression, and they're very smart and reliable layers, too, but - They're not easy to find unless you have the money to buy shipped birds, the location to have nearby breeders, or an incubator to hatch some eggs.

This here is a Shamo, a type of Gamefowl hen. Shamo's are very tall and large and of Oriental origin.

6075004131_d6fcbc049e_z.jpg

Gamefowl also come in the American type, which look more like normal cockfighting birds - Small, large tail, showy colors, and very prolific layers. But don't let their breeding origin of purpose scare you, the last thing one would do is attack a person. (except if a broody hen had chicks, yeah, she'd be quite defensive)

Back
Top Bottom