What can 3 week old chicks est other than chick starter feed?

koko

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 10, 2012
new york, newyork.
I want to know what can my three week old chicks eat other than chick starter feed? I already gave them some grit. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
jumpy.gif

oatmeal my chicks love the heck out of oatmeal u can give it to them plain or cooked but it can give them the runs to just for a added snack i put it down on the ground when my girls are free ranging my girls are 3 and a half weeks old and they are growing so fast here is a pic of the kids feeding them oatmeal they all come huddleing lol

I fed my 2.5 week olders tomato yesterday and they loved it, ONCE I found a brave one willing to be the guinea pig. I started out by holding a couple of small pieces that I cut up in my hand, they wouldn't touch it. So I laid a couple of pieces on top of the food bowl, they ignored it. So then I took them out one by one and tried to get them to try it, on my 3rd chick I got a taker. So I put her back in with a small plate of chopped tomato, and she started going to town, once the others saw that, they started chasing her to take it away from her, then a few more grabbed pieces off the plate, and it turned into an all out frenzy chasing one another to take a piece from them rather than getting their own off the plate, it was hilarious.

LOL. but... im getting chickens soon, and I read a website ( search up : 7 things your chickens should not eat) . and one of them were tomatoes. Theyre "poisonous". But from YOUR description, it doesn't seem so. Is this like a wrong website or something? PLEASE ANSWER
fl.gif

Sinceres,
Alexis13288

When mine were chicks they loved shredded carrots. Just wash them cut off the ends and shred them on a cheese grater.

Oh, I get it now! The websites and books that I've read were just saying plants, but I thought it was the real veggie. oh, thank you so much! I would've never EVER let my pets touch any vegetables, or that! they cant eat any PLANTS from the nightshade family, BUT they can eat the real fruit when it's fully grown (such as a carrot, eggplant, potato)?

Back
Top Bottom