What can be that color ?

Looks like a young purple male standing in the the sun just right on him ... note, the bars are browner in color than the bird next to him..

Hello,

i have birds from the breeder this picture comes from, these are the european violet colour, i also have a trio purple pieds, these are a totally different colour than the bird in the picture, they are the european form from Sonja's Violet,

Greetz,

Peacock

Last edited:
Pleas post photos of your birds because i have only seen 1 photo of sonja's violet and it was a hen, they never updated their site so i figured it was a fluke as a male was never shown at all.

zazouse,, I assume your talking about me ... Dont assume untilll you know ,, There is a male photos out.. This is not a fluke or I dont know what you mean by a fluke ?? There is not very many males in the world .. As you know this is a sex link color and I hatched one male this year and a number of females . like some colors males are hard to get. More photos will be taken this year.. The Violete male is hard to get a good photo of to really show the train.. Some one on here has photos of them..I dont do good at getting photos on this site.. You can look at my web site again ( http://boxess.com/connerhills ) and look at the subject of feathers, you can see how the Violete looks with some of the other color train feathers . On Dany12 that male is a purple by US standards. Also for the others looking for more info on the removal of the lump under the eye I also have info on my web site for doing that ... Thanks from
George

Hello,

i have birds from the breeder this picture comes from, these are the european violet colour, i also have a trio purple pieds, these are a totally different colour than the bird in the picture, they are the european form from Sonja's Violet,

Greetz,

Peacock
http://www.pfauenzucht.eu/PurpleSchecke.html

If you check out the link above, this is also one of the birds from the same person. THe photos are adjusted to show more purple colour. I tried to contact him on several occasions, but he has not replied. They are purple, not violet, or at least not until I see them in person.

Last edited:
How come everyone on this forum assumes that a poster is getting in a dig at them and gets so nasty so fast? I've only seen one picture of a Sonjas violet and would love to see more.
I may sound naive or stupid but isn't it at least a little "not done" to alter the color of pictures of your birds? I hope the picture that Dany posted of the purple isn't enhanced, that's the most purple purple I've ever even seen a picture of. Can you imagine how lovely a bird with that neck color and sonja's violet body color would be? Hint hint.
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom