what can do this???

thesteven

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
so my baby keats and ameracanas, 6 i total were all ate last night. this the weird part, surrounding the whole bottom of the cage, was the big flat rocks, weighing about 30 lbs a piece. you know the big round smooth rock people use for landscaping. the for the wind i had some tarps around it. well somthing moved the rocks ripped the tarps and tore through the chicken wire, what can do that. I mean pulling the rocks out could be done by a animal who had some time. never seen a animal rip a tarp, but then breaking through the wire baffles me, isn't the reason we ue wire is to keep the predators out.. now we have seen everything on our prperty except a wolf, that includes a black bear. so what on earth could have ate my babies

thank you

A raccoon is capable of doing all the things you describe. Chicken wire is for keeping chickens in, it won't keep a raccoon out. I'm pretty sure raccoons just use the chicken wire to floss their teeth after they eat.

-S

Quote:
X2 just let a coon get bigger then 25 pounds or so and you can't believe the damage they can do natives called them " little bear" for good reason when you put up hardware clothe it is a good idea to cover it with a 1 X 4 at the end of the cloth so they cannot get their claws behind the wire

Two raccoons worked together to lift my brothers garage door to get to a bowl of dog food so they could easily have lifted the rocks. Chicken wire is easy to rip a part and a tarp too.

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

did not know coons could do that, jeez, well traps will be set tonight, i have 2 dead babies they killed but did not eat.. could i use them as baid or do they like live. the worst part is that we have tried so &#$% hard to get baby keets, Monday we we were gonna move them over to the big cage with the adults.

Back
Top Bottom