What chicken breed(s) is/are YOUR favorite? Why?

Which breed is your favorite? Why (tell us below!)? Choose 4 or less

• Silkie

• Barred Rock

• Rhode Island Red/New Hampshire

• Orpington

• Sex Link

• Polish

• Cochin

• Ameraucana/Easter Egger/Araucana

• Isa Brown

• Lakenvelder

• Wyandotte

• Jersey Giant

• Leghorn

• Old English Game (bantam/standard)

• D'uccle

• Brahma

• Maran

• Welsummer

• Naked Neck

• Other (Specify in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm definitely part of the minority.
I LOVE Rhode Island Reds and Wyandottes.
RIR because they lay large eggs consistently, are good tempered (in my exp) and the deep mahogany red is stunning. The Wyandottes are just so personable; all those I've had have been super-friendly and I love the colors & pattern.
...also I'm not a big fan of EE's as so, so many folks are...:oops:

My favorites:
Silkie
Brahma
Welsummer
And Sapphire Gem!
(And speckled Sussex, if I can have 5 of my favorites.)
I have a ton of other favorites, (basically all the chicken breeds I own (13) but when it comes down to favs...

I love silkies because of their sweet personalities and quirky looks. (Seriously though, my phone categorizes them with my dog)
They’re just so, floofy!
A few picture of my current (I have a mixed flock, 1 of each.) her name is Mochi.
View attachment 2656374View attachment 2656375

Luna, the Welsummer, is sweet as can be. Welsummers also lay beautiful brown eggs. Luna is the cuddliest of the 8 week old chicks currently. She’s so so sweet. She just lets you scoop her right up. (I just hope this doesn’t lead to her being comfortable around predators!)
View attachment 2656372

View attachment 2656373

Cupcake is the current Brahma. She is a buff Brahma, and also very sweet. (She’s also in my profile picture) I love Cupcake, and her feathered feet are adorable! Even though Brahmas are late to mature, I really hope she is a girl! She’s 8 weeks old currently. View attachment 2656377View attachment 2656379View attachment 2656381

Sapphire gems weren’t listed, but I had to add my little Safaia. She’s so sweet, and beautiful too! I love the bluish feathers!
also, I’ve heard that Sapphire Gems are bred to lay a lot of eggs. (I don’t actually care about that too much,) but do you think she could develop reproductive issues? (Just had a RIR die from cancer, Rest In Peace Ponyo.)View attachment 2656382

And then I just love the speckled Sussex, Vanelope. She’s a little bit on the shy side, but has a cool personality. I also love the partnering on her feathers! (She was very small as a chick though (photo compared to sapphire gem) View attachment 2656383View attachment 2656384
LOVE THIS !! Thank you for sharing!!

And thanks to everyone else too! :)
Love your choices and pics!

My top four are

1. Ameraucanas (Blue wheaten are my fav.)
  2. Bantam Cochins
  3. English Orps. (Not those dinky hatchery ones. And absolutely NOT buff. 🤢🤮)
  4. and a tie between Legbars, Silkies, Polish, Brahmas, Houdans, Sultans, OEGB, brahmas, Marans, sussex, dominiques, d'Uccles, d'Anvers, Wyandottes, and Orloffs.

My top four are

1. Ameraucanas (Blue wheaten are my fav.)
  2. Bantam Cochins
  3. English Orps. (Not those dinky hatchery ones. And absolutely NOT buff. 🤢🤮)
  4. and a tie between Legbars, Silkies, Polish, Brahmas, Houdans, Sultans, OEGB, brahmas, Marans, sussex, dominiques, d'Uccles, d'Anvers, Wyandottes, and Orloffs.
Great picks!

My favorites are ayam cemanis, they are so cool and I vibe with the fact they are fibromelantistic and I have fibromyalgia! Fibro friends 👀
what is fybromyalgia?

also, I've always seen Ayam Cemanis as very unique. I always wanted them but could never get my hands on them..

Which breed is your favorite? Why (tell us below!)?
Choose 4 or less
We have several breeds. The Buff Orpington is a very good sitter and gentile and non- aggressive. We have barred rock and they are quire the opposite. We also have Golden Commit. The Golden Commit Rooster is borderline if he is going to be cooked soon. He can be aggressive and then calm.
Silkies are the best if you don't mind small eggs.

Back
Top Bottom