1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What chores do you hate doing?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenraiser24, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

lol [​IMG]

2. chickenraiser24

chickenraiser24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2015
    I lock my girls in the coop at night, So, I can't here them when I wake up. Technically, I wake up before my alarm goes off. My alarm is set to 5 am, but I wake up at 4:30. When I go to let them out, they are beyond excited. My alarm makes sure I am awake.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    I hate washing dishes, emptying the dishwasher, and taking out the trash. If I lived on my own it would be fine, but I live with two other girls and they almost never do these things.

In fact, i think I just hate cleaning up after people perfectly capable of cleaning up after themselves!

4. chickenraiser24

Aug 15, 2015
    The dishes... Yesterday I found chunky milk in a cup in my room under my desk. I nearly puked. I can still smell it. I hate doing the dishes!

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    The bathroom. And that's all I'm sayin' on that subject!

6. chickenraiser24

Aug 15, 2015
    :lau My cat peed on the bathroom rugs once. So, I had to clean that and the usual bathroom filth.

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

[​IMG] Lol Blooie I hear ya!!

That reminds me chickenraiser24 .. cleaning up cat spew and/or fur balls! [​IMG]

8. chickenraiser24

Aug 15, 2015
    Cleaning the litter box :sick

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    And this is why I have a rule.....

"No animals that poop in the house".

The exception is the milk snake that was grandfathered in [​IMG]. Other than that, no animals in cages, or animals that poop in the house. We have two indoor/outdoor dogs who are well housebroken. Cats are all outside.

10. chickenraiser24

Aug 15, 2015
    I live next to a highway. If you run out a little past our front lawn, you are in a busy street. We also have a lot of hawks, and dogs here. I have seen some of the outside cats, and they would tear my cat to shreds. Her previous owner declawed her front paws (I am against declawing, but that is just my opinion). So, no chance on her going I would have to worry about her running away. She is allergic to something in collars. This is just the beginning of her problems! Oh well...
    Dogs are inside and outside too, but they want to be indoors most of the time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by