What color are my d'uccles please?

hd_darcy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Wisconsin
I apologize for the bad pictures. I didn't have much for a camera, and I just took them briefly from mama hen. Thank you!!!!!!

Chick #1

55840_chick1.jpg

Chick #2

55840_chick2.jpg

55840_chick2b.jpg

Okay, that's good to know! I am suppose to have some black mottled and porcelain in the incubator, but every one that has hatched looks like mille fleur to me (those were in there too). So, hoping for at least one of the others too!

I think only the top one may possibly be Mille Fleur. You'll have to wait. I hope you get back mottled, what a beautiful color that is! I've only seen Mille Fleur around here and even that was hard to find!

Awesome! I'm thrilled to report that I have 6 more in the bator too (hatched yesterday). Yay! Here I thought they were all mille fleur. So good to know they will probably turn to look different. Thank you for the help!

Quote:
Good luck! Did you order your eggs online? I didn't hatch this year due to possible roosters, then I took my chance with straight run chicks and they are all female! I have a neighbor threatening me saying she will send her dog over to eat my chickens if I have a rooster.
hmm.png
This was after we told her we were not planning to have one. D'Uccles are one of my favorite breeds! It'd be nice to have a breeding pair, especially black mottled! Look, I'm rambling. Sorry.lol. Anyways, I hope you got what you ordered!

Back
Top Bottom