what color is Flock Raiser

A couple points- yes, I have noticed a difference in Flock Raiser as well. To be honest though, the birds I have raised on it this year look better than last year for some reason. Last year, I had a few ongoing problems with what seemed to be Niacin deficiency with birds on the Flock Raiser (several people here have). Granted, there is no proof one thing had anything to do with the other, but each time a supplement was added the birds looked better soon after (and incidentally, I don't think Dave was wrong about Flock Raiser, overall my birds have done great on it).

This year, I have noticed that it frequently looks and smells different. I raised several batches on it with supplemental Niacin earlier in the year and then tried a few large groups with no Niacin added to see if the formula may be slightly different or I may not have the same issues as last year (again whether Flock Raiser was the culprit or not). I have now raised a couple hundred ducklings on it this year after dropping the Niacin and have had no issues whatsoever. My birds look absolutely gorgeous on it this year. They also have far more glossy feathers. They just overall look better than last year, whether that is the result of the Flock Raiser I can't of course say for sure.

Back
Top Bottom