What color is she?

CochinBrahmaLover

Girl, I'm FABulous
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
Warm.... Under a blanket... In Alaska...
And how would I breed her to keep true to the color, if possible? I have a partridge roo - Cochin, a BLRW (poor quality), and a OEGB I could breed her to.
I love this girl. She's beautiful. I need more. Lol.

Boys I can breed her too. I dont care about type much at first, so long as their fluffy. These 2 are Seremas.

He's calico.
Cochin roo

OEGB

I also have a Japanese bantam that's white w/ a black tail / flights

And how would I breed her to keep true to the color, if possible? I have a partridge roo - Cochin, a BLRW (poor quality), and a OEGB I could breed her to.
I love this girl. She's beautiful. I need more. Lol.

There's no specific coloring for an EE, they obtain their colors from different crosses. But I have to agree that she is beautiful! I have seen some Easter Egger pictures that look quite similar to her, I once baby at for an EE that eventually grew up into this coloring.
big_smile.png

Well, since she looks like she's blue & red with lacing, my inclination would be to go with the BLR wyandotte since they are going to be mixes / EEs anyhow.

You won't be able to breed any more exactly like her, I don't think. Since she's an EE, you have no idea what breeds/colors were used to create her and no idea of the color genetics involved. By all means, breed her to the blue-laced red, you'll get the closest, I think. But don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out.

And to answer your title question--she isn't any recognized color. She's a bit red-laced blue, and a bit partridge, but basically she is a very pretty red and blue mutt.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom