What color is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CochinBrahmaLover, Sep 2, 2013.

1. And how would I breed her to keep true to the color, if possible? I have a partridge roo - Cochin, a BLRW (poor quality), and a OEGB I could breed her to.
    I love this girl. She's beautiful. I need more. Lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Boys I can breed her too. I dont care about type much at first, so long as their fluffy. These 2 are Seremas.
    [​IMG]
    He's calico.
    Cochin roo
    [​IMG]
    OEGB
    [​IMG]

I also have a Japanese bantam that's white w/ a black tail / flights

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

There's no specific coloring for an EE, they obtain their colors from different crosses. But I have to agree that she is beautiful! I have seen some Easter Egger pictures that look quite similar to her, I once baby at for an EE that eventually grew up into this coloring. [​IMG]

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Well, since she looks like she's blue & red with lacing, my inclination would be to go with the BLR wyandotte since they are going to be mixes / EEs anyhow.

4. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    You won't be able to breed any more exactly like her, I don't think. Since she's an EE, you have no idea what breeds/colors were used to create her and no idea of the color genetics involved. By all means, breed her to the blue-laced red, you'll get the closest, I think. But don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out.

And to answer your title question--she isn't any recognized color. She's a bit red-laced blue, and a bit partridge, but basically she is a very pretty red and blue mutt.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by