What color should the picnic table be?

I dunno about the flies, but I think barn red is a great old-fashioned color for picnic tables and would coordinate well with the colors of your home.

Yeah. I love the barn red color on my coop. It is the darndest thing though. That coop is always covered with flies. The two white coops never are. The red trim on the white coops is. Beats me. Maybe I have weird flies.
Red is a great color though!

I like the multicolor idea. Very festive! Do you have kids? Let them pick the color and see what they come up with.
smile.png

With your color house, you can get away with many colors. A gold color or possibly a soft green would work well.

Honestly, I would go for bright purple table and turquoise chairs to match my chicken coops, but that may not be everyone's cup of tea
lol.png

Last edited:
You will probably hate this idea.... but I would paint it with a black matt wood stain ....... I always had redwood stain everywhere on my wooden fences and summer houses etcet... but last year decided enough, it fades too fast, so I painted all the fences, pergolas and summer house in black, it is fantastic!... with the offset of all the green plants and flowers against everything it really does look lovely......will go and take some pics... bear with me....

here is a planter we made this Spring
Planters035.jpg

The pergola.
Planters036.jpg

The other pergola (just about see it now.
Planters037.jpg

The fences on the sriveway, and the island (all painted black)
Planters038.jpg

Planters017.jpg

Home Depot carries a line of tinted stains that are intended for treated wood. It is not recommended to paint treated wood with regular paint, especially when it is fresh enough to feel moist. Not really supposed to put this stuff on fresh treated wood, either, but I did and it worked fine. There aren't a lot of color choices, but it isn't like paint, either, it leaves the grain showing. I would go with a product intended to be used on treated wood, which is what I did on my porches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom