What color

hairco

Songster
7 Years
Jan 7, 2013
I hope u can tell more about this peacocks color.He was bought as a white but i see some color so do anyone know what breed he is?Thanks

From what I have seen, since this guy doesn't seem to be white, it is likely "he" is actually a "she"!
I think?
idunno.gif

I really think it is just a white peacock with some dirty feathers. They get dirty looking from dust bathing, rain, etc. Other peafowl varieties just don't show dirt like white peafowl do.
Here is one of my white peahens all dirty and wet after a rain.

here is another picture of him and i don't think he is dirty so i hope he a silver

I really think it is just a white peacock with some dirty feathers. They get dirty looking from dust bathing, rain, etc. Other peafowl varieties just don't show dirt like white peafowl do.
Here is one of my white peahens all dirty and wet after a rain.
I agree again, just a stained white male, i have lots of stained whites this time of year after he finishes his molt he will be a pretty white again and if not well i guess i am wrong, it happens
wink.png
especial when dealing with photos

Brown stains from the sand pile

Notice the crown feathers are the same color as the stain on his back.

This fella is a green eyed peacock fresh from the mulch pile

This is how it happens here sometimes ,this girl is damp from sitting a nest , she would come in the morning and dust bath just enough to get dirty and her feathers got more and more stained till she looked gray

This is her after she hatched her chicks, she is wet but you can see what looks like silver but is in fact stains.

Oh i see what u mean now.It looks like mine so maybe i do have a white.That is what i got he as.so i hope.Thanks so much

here is another picture of him and i don't think he is dirty so i hope he a silver
He is a beauty, Breed him with your pieds and if they are caring the white eyed gene i believe you can get silver from them

I found a minimal white silver pied photo to show you how the silvers i have seen look
See how vivid the colors are on this silver pied even though it is just a little color? this is why i think your bird is just stained, if it were silver the scales would be richer in color in that area, a hen might be a different story as they are not as brightly colored to begin with like a peacock.

Back
Top Bottom