What colors are these?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by chickenzoo, Dec 29, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

The 2nd to the left has a lot of yellow on his face and very long legs?

Here's some more......

[​IMG]
    here is the same three w/o the purple neck boy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    If it has yellow cheeks, it's a spaulding silver pied. Kind of hard to see the colors good, but looks like a cameo, blue (?) , purple and that spaulding

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    That's the problem with cross breeding.You can't tell them apart until they are colored out or you know where they came from.I am not a believer in cross breeding in peafowl and especially pheasants.
    In N.H.,Tony.

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Well with that last pic. Thats a spalding silver pied, note all the green in the neck, also the tight crest. Not sure by pic, but looks like barring on those few back feather if so a male.

About the yellow cheeks, if someone feeds alot of corn, will cause the cheeks to show yellow.

5. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    I'm not sure of the color mutation but they sure are BEAUTIFUL! [​IMG] [​IMG] If I ever saw one running around in one of the neighborhoods nearby like that I would SO try and catch it!!

6. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    First pic, purple male, silver pied spalding male, looks like silver pied India male, and female on right.. could be cameo or purple pied. If she has shiny purple on neck then she is purple. If no shine on neck either wait until she is older... if still zero shine could be cameo.

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Thank you everyone.

8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Again Kev makes a good point, cameo dont have green or purple feather in the neck, same with blackshoulder cameo, where purple blackshoulder have a few purple feathers in the neck.

In the pic she looks like cameo,brown neck

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by