What colors can I breed Buff Silkie to?

I know you can breed buff to buff and will get buff babies. But what other colors can buff silkies be bred to? Just want to make sure when dividing my pens that I divide the different colors well.

If you want buff chicks, breed buff to buff and leave it at that.

Silkies officially come in certain colors. If you want to only produce colors on that list, breed buffs only to buffs.

But if you just want chicks in a variety of colors that can be pretty but don't have official names, you can breed your buffs with any color you want.

(There are no health issues linked with any color or combination of colors in Silkies, so you wouldn't have to worry about that.)

If you want buff chicks, breed buff to buff and leave it at that.

Silkies officially come in certain colors. If you want to only produce colors on that list, breed buffs only to buffs.

But if you just want chicks in a variety of colors that can be pretty but don't have official names, you can breed your buffs with any color you want.

(There are no health issues linked with any color or combination of colors in Silkies, so you wouldn't have to worry about that.)
Thank you!

Buff, black, blue, white, splash, paint & white frazzle. I may have a Colombian 2 week old (it’s either that or a buff with tons of black in feathers & chipmunk back)
I would arrange breedings with these color combinations:

buff
black/blue/splash any combination
black/paint any combination
white

For the white frazzle, I would breed to whites that are not frazzle or frizzle

I'm not sure about the maybe-Columbian one. I would probably wait until it's a bit older and you are more sure about its color, before deciding on it.

I would arrange breedings with these color combinations:

buff
black/blue/splash any combination
black/paint any combination
white

For the white frazzle, I would breed to whites that are not frazzle or frizzle

I'm not sure about the maybe-Columbian one. I would probably wait until it's a bit older and you are more sure about its color, before deciding on it.
This is the Maybe Columbian one.🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• 5B75B952-4892-4644-947A-5E80EED6AA59.jpeg
    5B75B952-4892-4644-947A-5E80EED6AA59.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 1FB57DF8-3973-46AB-8542-D117ED0F6B74.jpeg
    1FB57DF8-3973-46AB-8542-D117ED0F6B74.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 42AE8268-2444-4F5D-B8AA-9E23B63B5BB9.jpeg
    42AE8268-2444-4F5D-B8AA-9E23B63B5BB9.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 21

Back