What colour is this silky?

NosiphoChooks

Songster
7 Years
Nov 2, 2012

What colour is this silky? I got given him with 2 frizzled polish girls that I got. His name is Peter and he has a loud crow for a silky! I'm not sure what you call this colour, I havent met many silkys but I've never seen green feathers in the tail before. He has dark skin and 5 toes on each foot. Sorry I can't work out how to get the photo the right way up!

He is kind of dirty though but feathers are definately silky on his body, though he doesn't have much of a crest, he was with two more roosters so he might of had it pecked a bit. The only other pics I've got arent very good.

Try posting you pics on the Silkies Thread, but IMO I think he is mixed with something. Silkies should have the iridescent blue ear lobes and should not have smooth feathers like on his sickle, it should be a puff ball.

His earlobe does go turquoisey blue I think its only white cus we have tons of snow here and think he's chilly! I will post on the silky thread thanks for your help everyone. I want a proper silky might have to get rid of him!

Back
Top Bottom