What colour is this young Poland Cockerel?

Chicalina

Crowing
Aug 1, 2020
UK
I thought he was blue, but now I'm seeing faint barring on his hackles, and some very faint lacing on his chest.

His colouring is developing as he gets his male adult feathering in.

I have no idea on his parentage as I bought him from a breeder who breeds all sorts of colours, but in separate pens I believe.

He is the one in the front obv. 😁

TIA

20210907_173331.jpg
20210907_173321.jpg

Sure they could of.
IDK if he's single gene or double gene barred but at least one parent would of been barred. One parent would of also carried blue so he could of had one blue parent, one splash parent or two blue parents.
Lot of combinations so you'll never know for sure unless the breeder knows and shares that info.

I thought he was blue, but now I'm seeing faint barring on his hackles, and some very faint lacing on his chest.

I have no idea on his parentage as I bought him from a breeder who breeds all sorts of colours, but in separate pens I believe.

TIA

View attachment 2825513View attachment 2825514
He’s cute!❤️ How old is he? Does he have a name?😍

Sure they could of.
IDK if he's single gene or double gene barred but at least one parent would of been barred. One parent would of also carried blue so he could of had one blue parent, one splash parent or two blue parents.
Lot of combinations so you'll never know for sure unless the breeder knows and shares that info.
Thanks, I've just checked back with the breeder's listing and she has black, white, chamois (buff laced), gold laced, cuckoo, blue, crele, splash (though they look more like paint) and silver laced. She must have had some mixed pens, I guess?

TIA

View attachment 2825513View attachment 2825514
He’s gorgeous and looks very unique!🥰

Back
Top Bottom