what colour?

Your duckling could turn out all white. White is recessive, so you need a dose if it from both parents, otherwise it's hidden. So the parents, even though they are not white themselves, could each be carrying one dose of recessive white. These genes may have come together to produce this duckling.

But time will tell
smile.png

If his parents are runners and are dark in colour, then your little duckling might turn out to be white with markings once his adult plummage comes in. But if his parents' parents (grandparents) are light in colour, it might have just skipped a generation. It sure is cute, though:)

oh thanks everyone, in a few weeks the feathers should be coming in so time will tell and i will update, i did think it could be a reseccive gene.

He might be white. But when my fawn and white runner was a little baby, he looked completely yellow like yours. As time went on, I started noticing some dark shading around his face... And then a little more, and a little more, until...

she/he does have a noticeably darker head and neck so she/he could turn out like your wonderful duck
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom