What comb is this?

Wow! She really does. šŸ˜³ I'm tagging @RoostersAreAwesome for backup because now I'm wondering if I'm off base!
Here's another pic of her; you can see her front better. She was pretty young here, but still looks the same:
IMG_9766.JPG

Here's another pic of her; you can see her front better. She was pretty young here, but still looks the same:
View attachment 3120943
I have been looking on Ameraucana breed forums and it does look like Blue Ameraucanas in particular are based in E^R (birchen) while blacks are based in E (extended black). Blues can however be based on either E locus but to breed for a better laced blue, E^R is recommended. I had mistakenly read that they were based in E but it appears that that is not the case for according to actual breeders. E is dominant over E^R and E^R over the other E locuses so if you crossed an E^R with an e^Wh (what a Delaware is) you would indeed get an E^R or birchen bird! So I believe you're right and she is birchen!

I have been looking on Ameraucana breed forums and it does look like Blue Ameraucanas in particular are based in E^R (birchen) while blacks are based in E (extended black). Blues can however be based on either E locus but to breed for a better laced blue, E^R is recommended. I had mistakenly read that they were based in E but it appears that that is not the case for according to actual breeders. E is dominant over E^R and E^R over the other E locuses so if you crossed an E^R with an e^Wh (what a Delaware is) you would indeed get an E^R or birchen bird! So I believe you're right and she is birchen!
Cool! At the time I thought it was weird that she was basically a reverse Delaware.

Back
Top Bottom