what could be happening now?

Very sorry for your loss. Are you planning on getting a necropsy to find out whaybwas wrong with her? How long had she been with your? When you get different age chickens from multiple owners, you can unkowingly bring in diseases that may be hidden until stress causes an outbreak. And, just like that, the new ones may be exposed to something in your flock that may make them sick. Incubation times vary with most common diseases from a couple of days to several weeks.

sorry for the confusing rambling i was just worried
When a bird suffers and is lost, everyone in this community can relate and genuinely offers their sympathy. I am so sorry that this happened....it was heartbreaking, for sure. Turn your attention now to discovering the cause and protecting your flock. Animals are a joy...but with that, there is also heartache. Sorry for your loss.

Very sorry for your loss. Are you planning on getting a necropsy to find out whaybwas wrong with her? How long had she been with your? When you get different age chickens from multiple owners, you can unkowingly bring in diseases that may be hidden until stress causes an outbreak. And, just like that, the new ones may be exposed to something in your flock that may make them sick. Incubation times vary with most common diseases from a couple of days to several weeks.
well ive never done that i have always buried my birds and to imagine them being cut up makes me sad but if you think i should i will

Can you call and ask them? Most state pathology labs do not return the bodies to the owners, but probably incinerate them because many may have diseases. If you stay during the necropsy, perhaps they would let you take the chicken’s remains home and bury them. If I lived close enough, I would deliver the body to the lab. If not, some labs will email you a shipping label to send the body overnight via Fedex or UPS. They will add the cost to the necropsy. Call them and ask.

Back
Top Bottom