What critters does Moth Balls work on?

emvickrey

ChowDown Silkie Farm
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Hornbeak, Tennessee
I am moving to a mobile home that has been empty since the ice storm. It has tons of spiders and i'm sure snakes and I know mice. I would love to know what all varmits they scare away. I hear snakes too. DH cut the grass that was as tall as him on the mower. Poke Salad lovers would be mad at him.
sad.png

I'll check back later. I gotta go and pack some more stuff. I just despise moving.
hide.gif

my uncle won't let my aunt use bug spray so she uses moth balls to keep roaches and ants out of her house... it must work because i used to stay with her and never seen a bug... her house does smell faintly of moth balls

I found tons of Brown Recluse Spiders. My daughter and I have been bitten many times and it is awfully painful to have to go through. I bought some foggers and put them out yesterday. Afterwards I found many dead Brown Recluse Spiders. My brother n law got bit yesterday by one in the shed. I told him he had better get to the doctor for a shot and meds. He's stubborn though. I warned him. He won't be able to use his whole arm before long and could loose it. Depends on how much venom it shot in. My worst one was on my back. The entire lower right side of my back was swollen, and red. Then there was a place about the size of the palm of my hand that was being destroyed by it. The doctor eanted to cut it out but I said no. I spent 3 days in bed because of the pain, but after it started to drain it was better. It still hurt but I could move around slowly. I went back to work after a week and I had to keep it covered for the draining. They are nasty bites and I have never been afraid of spiders but I am now. When I go to bed I check under the covers and pillow. Then I spend about an hour thinking i'm feeling one crawl on me. Everytime I get bit by something and don't know what it was I almost panic for fear it was one of those horrible spiders.

We are in the process of moving and I have found several so far, behind pictures that are on the wall and in cloths. That's how I got one of my bites. It was in my shirt. I check the plastic tubs before I pick them up. They are really bad this year.

Everybody look out. Do a search online so you know what to look for. Not all spiders are worth being afraid of but these are. And Black Widows. They are at the new place too. One was on DH in the shed. He didn't get bitten though, thank goodness. Those are black with a red spot on their backs. Reminds me of the spider from Spiderman the movie. Longer legs though.

moth balls repel, moths mice, bugs, ants, spiders, thise little million leggy thingys, you name it, it even repels me, I dispise the smell of them, but use them every year in my wood pile, nothing worse than having wood heat up inside only have it smell like a year old never been cleaned litter box.
carpenter ants smell like cat urine in wood when it warms up
sickbyc.gif

I want to toss them under my mobile home we are moving into but I don't want to smell it all in the house. Is there a way to make that happem? Will the smell hurt my chickens. I want to put some in the shop too. We plan to make the back of it into another coop but it is about 6 feet from the field that used to bet cut several years ago but has now grwon super large weeds and some saplings. I don't want critters trying to get in the run. They claim there is a Sassquach living out there and have seen it in the yard many a nights. It supposedly pets their dogs.
hide.gif

I'm a bit skeptical about it but if it is out there I don't want it to eat my chickens. Especially my Phoenix.

MOTH BALLS ARE TOXIC! Please use these things with care and not around animals or children. Read the label and all warnings. Today we know alot more about the dangers than your gramma did.

I read that somepeople put them around their coop to kee put critters and such. I can put them in a plastic jug with holes in it to keep them away from it but will the smell hurt them. I have small chicks also in the coop. I don't want to hurt any of my birds by the smell of them. I just want to keep the critters living in the woods to stay away.

Do not use moth balls near chickens. You have to understand that what makes mothballs work is that they give off a "gas". This gas kills and causes damage to the nervous system. You do not want these things where people or animals breath in this gas. USE THEM WITH CAUTION. Please read the warnings on the lablel. You are not going to get all the information you need here!

Back
Top Bottom