What day is lockdown on a goose egg

Ok guys its 10:09 my time and we have the beak out I see it breathing and picking at the shell pic posted I ended up putting Lola back out she didn't like it in the bathroom but the baby is responding to my voice. I noticed the beak has orange in it so that must be the Tolousse in it. Won't find out how much African it has in it yet

Attachments

• 20170603_220753.jpg
    20170603_220753.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 35
Humidity is at 70% I've been checking periodically to see how things are going I downloaded an app called Hooked to keep me preoccupied reading horror stories lol the hubby decided he would put the Texas chainsaw massacre on, on Netflix
I have got my brooder ready my feed and water bowl and probiotics ready to go along with heat lamp.

Ooh yeah, get you something good while you wait, haha.

I'm waiting as well, can't wait to see what a qt she is.

Poor Lola! Hopefully she perks up when she sees this gosling.

Well I tried to see how she would do with the ducks today and one tried to nip at her so I put her with the little bitties. We also found an injured baby turkey today its in the same lot as Lola

I'm curious to see what the Lil one will look like Lola is more African as she has a black bill looking at what I can see of the bill in the egg it has a bit of orange at the tip of the bill.

Just an update guys it is getting close I had to help assist a little with taking a little at a time. The little one is doing fine and peeping away and humidity is still stable.

Attachments

• 20170604_131423.jpg
    20170604_131423.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 37
I used some of my husband's gauze to lay on for a soft spot now I will let the little one rest although when the head popped out in my hand it opened its eyes and looked at me!

The injured baby turkey we found yesterday passed overnight now my husband actually wants one! Whether or not he commits to one he told me today that he would help me build a separate goose lot. I thought it was sweet of him

Back
Top Bottom