what day to put duck eggs in lockdown?

Any updates?
Last night we got home about 10 and one finally had externally pipped!

Woke up this morning to a full zip! So any time now

7F3B6961-9C53-43C4-9CFB-B762FE6ECB04.jpeg

The other one hasn’t externally pipped yet but it internally pipped a while after the first so I’m still optimistic about that one, it’s still rockin and chirping!

Did the rest of yours hatch?

Last night we got home about 10 and one finally had externally pipped!

Woke up this morning to a full zip! So any time now

View attachment 3118433

The other one hasn’t externally pipped yet but it internally pipped a while after the first so I’m still optimistic about that one, it’s still rockin and chirping!

Did the rest of yours hatch?
YAY!!! 10 of mine have hatched! not sure if the last one is going to hatch though:fl.
Are welsh harlequins distinguishable from male and female at day olds?

YAY!!! 10 of mine have hatched! not sure if the last one is going to hatch though:fl.
Are welsh harlequins distinguishable from male and female at day olds?
We need pics when you can! How long ago did the last one hatch? Has the 11th pipped or anything?

From what I have read it depends on the quality of the ducks. On metzers site it says theirs are 90% accuracy on bill sexing. I’d have to ask the person where I got the eggs. But I’m gonna try it and see how accurate it is for me.

2nd one did hatch last night, it was super weak and still attached to the egg. We kept him in the incubator all night. This morning he’s a lot better but has spraddle leg so we’re dealing with that now. I’ll get some pics of the 2 today.

Last edited:
Here’s some pics!

First to hatch, he’s doing really well and if the bill sexing is accurate he’s a boy and I’m thinking of Forest for his nameView attachment 3120488
Second to hatch, doing good besides the spraddle leg. Also thinking boy by bill sexing. As far as a name I’m liking Gump since he’s got the leg braces 🤣
View attachment 3120489
There SOOO cute!!!! gosh I need to get some baby welsh harlequins!

Back
Top Bottom