What did everyone give their loved ones for Christmas?

Quote:
That's soooooo sweet!
love.gif

Quote:
Your hubby didn't dress up like a horse and go stand out in a field? No wonder you're separated.

Or was he just the back half?

Did I say that out loud?

I'm glad you posted this thread, because I wanted to share what I gave my aunt and my cousins, and my family. Especially because I owe it much in part to BYC and Miss Prissy.

My aunt always wants something given on her behalf. I had been seeing those ads for give hope, give a goat, or chickens. I told my mom about them and she said your chickens, I said no, catalog chickens that they then give. But, then I thought why not my chickens. I'd had 3 broody hens and had hatched eggs, so had quite a few young pullets to share. I took an ad on Craigslist.

2 laying hens/pullets and several chicks went to a 14 year old boy and his family.

2 mama raised 3 month old pullets went to a college girl on a very tight budget, I sent her here for chicken tractor ideas. She took several chicks as well.

2 pullets (that I'd bought for myself) (a RIR and a PBR very close to laying) a dad picked up as a gift to go in the coop he'd built for his 9 year old daughter who he felt was good enough at her ranch responsibilities to care for her very own hens. He said they would be the highlight of an otherwise very lean Christmas.

8 chicks went to a school teacher and his family

Were it not for BYC, I'd not have known of Craigslist or Freecycle.

On Freecycle, I listed free eggs to eat. One person mentioned how tough things were with her husband's unemployment check not coming and I offered her some meat, in addition to the eggs. She thanked me that as she'd never cooked duck before, it was a new experience and it gave her a sense of accomplishment. (gift to one of my cousins)

Thanks to Miss Prissy, for encouraging me to get geese, one of which I cooked for Christmas - fabulous meat. And for Thanksgiving a very large turkey. Again, thanks to Miss Prissy for posting her timetable for preparing these guys so they'd be ready to eat on the day.

I didn't have a lot of money to spend on gifts, but, it felt like I gave more than I ever did before. Thanks BYC, you made Christmas special for a lot of really nice people.

sweetshoplady,
What a spectacular Christmas you made for everyone! You showed the true meaning of gift giving.
hugs.gif
to you!

I gave my mom an outdoor lighted angel, dad got a gift certificate to Blockbusters (he loves old movies but due to his health, can no longer go to the movies), kids got gift certificates to their favorite theater so they don't have to scramble for cash when their friends call at the last minute to see a movie). One DD also got a calligraphy set that she has wanted for a while and the other finally talked me into getting her ear cartilage pierced. Then, she talked me into getting a matching piercing - bonding at it's most painful. lol She and I don't always get along, I thought it was neat that she wanted us to match. I actually didn't have to work this Christmas, so I got to spend time with the family. The dogs got cookies and new sweaters, and, I have decided to adopt a retired breeding cat and give her a life in a home outside a cage. So, Merry Christmas to Bubble Gum (as soon as she gets spayed, she comes to her new, forever home.) We are our Christmas gifts to each other.
smile.png

Blessed New Year, everyone!

Quote:
This is what I was going to do, but we are so up the air with move-in time on the new house .. His birthday is in June. We should be settled and then he'll have time and room to set it up and brew brew brew ..
big_smile.png

Great gift .. both of them.

Quote:
Your hubby didn't dress up like a horse and go stand out in a field? No wonder you're separated.

Or was he just the back half?

Did I say that out loud?

lau.gif
I just choked on my coffee with that comment.
lau.gif

I got my husband a 3 foot by 3 foot black and white collage portrait of the 2 kids snuggling, and a universal remote. He wishes the remote would also work on the kids noise level though. The 11 month old got a walking music toy and a tickle me elmo, lots of noise. The 5 year old-going on 30 know it all son of mine recieved lots of board games, math homework books, and transformers. He loves the math homework for some strange reason.

Back
Top Bottom