What Did I Buy Yesterday?? Pictures

MiniBeesKnees

Songster
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Walkertown, North Carolina
I bought this trio (there are two shots of the roo) yesterday evening at a local sale/auction.
I forgot what the guy said they are...I'm thinking Wheaton but isn't that a color? Is it a breed?
They are a very small Banty...
I do know someone offered to pay me double what I paid for them before I even paid for them.

23510_trio.jpg

23510_roo_view_1.jpg

23510_roo_view_2.jpg

23510_chickens_1_and_2.jpg

Yeah, and the guy is willing to drive down from southern KY to buy some eggs...OK, I"m in north TN but still....

If they are OE games they look nothing like the ones I have already.

Is Wheaton a color?

I know what these are, because I have a girl that looks just like your's with the black tips! They are Japanese black-tailed buff.

We absolutely LOVE our little girl - named iPod. She is our house chicken and everyone's favorite. She gets brought in for special treats and lovin' at least twice a day. Her little neck and head smells like heaven!

They lay the cutest little eggs - they are just about round.

Just so you know, they are not great layers - a couple a week. And, they are NOT winter hardy. We actually heat our coop just because of her, in our coldest Wisconsin winter months.

Enjoy this crew! They are absolutely beautiful! And sooooooo sweet!

Oh yeah, and smart! She'll come when we call her name! It is unbelieveable adorable to watch them run with their little tails straight up! They look like wind-up toys

The color looks like the Jap...but her legs are too long I think...you really can't see her legs in the picture. I had a little Jap rooster and he had little short yellow legs. But he was white with a black tail.
I'm leaning towards American game myself and I think Red Pyle is right, Not Wheaten...found some pictures of another color of games I have and the hens look exactly as described.

Back
Top Bottom