What did I buy?

Combs are just coming on, so I don't know yet. The order receipt states "50 Easter eggers" & 50 "brown egg layers" Maybe time will tell?

They aren't sebright s because they would be laced these are mostly spangled with a lot of black on their back if my eyes don't deceive me. My first guess was silver spangled hamburgs but the clack on their back and that your friend ordered brown egg layers they are ruled out. I think they might be crossbreds (mutts)

Could you give us a pic of their combs? At this age we should be able to tell if they have singles, peas, roses, etc. From the pics as-is, I'd say you have two silver-spangled hamburgs and one black australorp. My hatchery hamburg lays a light brown/cream egg, so it's feasible that they could be included in a brown egg-layer assortment. Hamburgs have rose combs.

i think you have two silver-spangled hamburgs and a blue orpington. i understand the blue orpington chick if your friend ordered brown egg layers, but not the silver laced hamburgs: they lay white. the hatchery could have made a mistake, as i have heard can happen or they are just mutts. also pics of the chicks combs would help.

Back
Top Bottom