What did I find?

The quail pictures I've found, they have squattier necks, different (more) color and tails...

Barefoot mom, you may be on to something there... So I guess I should let the quail go and get me some real chickens... ; p

Quote:
There is all types of quail, You might have just looked at pictures of the wrong type. honestly I would post the pictures in the "Quail" section of the forum and see if Quail Lady answers, she would 100% be able to tell you if this is a quail or not but im going to say without a doubt that its a Quail. (as far as "more color" I have a pure white Button Quail an non of my quails have tails...)

well what a dumb plucker I am, I can't tell the difference between a chicken and a quail... I don't know about keeping it, because I really want egg laying hens. After looking at that site, though, I doubt it is a native species, so letting it go probably isn't a good idea...

Could be a lost pet.
I had chinese painted quail and they were the size of a baseball when full grown. Your bird is larger than that.
I would keep it until you know what it is. It may not be able to survive in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom