What Did You Bring Home From Ohio Nationals?? PICS added...

My husband and I spent Friday and Saturday there. It was so amazing!

When we got there I was in this panicking/excited mood and was smiling ear to ear and stopping at each cage going " awww aren't you so pretty!". And the whole time he was telling me to calm down... REALLY?! Seriously?! You want me to calm down? That will not happen!

Unfortunatly the only birds I saw that I wanted were in cages and not for sale. Like the light brown LF leghorn males.
droolin.gif
. So gorgeous!

My 15 yr old daughter was also looking at me like I was insane lol. She's was the one who got me into chickens when she was in 6th grade. I remember saying "No way, I don't want no stinky, disgusting chickens in my yard" She talked me into it, then lost interest after about 2 yrs. Now she wants to show next year and join 4H but still thinks I'm nuts. She fell in love with those modern game birds....I think I'm saying that right. She said they looked so odd, she wanted some. We were already making plans to go back next year....now its in Indianapolis? I'll have to find out where that is exactly and the distance. I better start saving my money now!

Wendy'sChicksRock :

Well, came home with some really nice birds... Yippieeeeeee. Here is what we got
and the most amazing White Silkie Hen... I cant remember her name but she's a BYCer.. JUST REMEMBERD..South side silkie shack!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/65029_new_silkie_side_1.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/65029_new_silkie_face_close_up.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/65029_new_silkie_side_2.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/65029_new_silkie_side_far_away.jpg

what do you think of her? I think she is AWESOME... My Son fell in love with her, I had to beg to get her as she was not really for sale...
hugs.gif

That was me!! LOL!! Jen5680
You aren't letting him sleep with her are you? LOL!!! She would make a nice pillow. LOL!!!​

Quote:
That was me!! LOL!! Jen5680
You aren't letting him sleep with her are you? LOL!!! She would make a nice pillow. LOL!!!

Do you know how hard it was the fend off all the buyers that wanted this girl? LOL... My sale cages were right next to Jen's so I was the one that kept saying....nope, not for sale! Persistence pays off!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
You need to put some names on the BYCer group shots........or have them identify themselves so we can put a face and name together.

I was hoping the others who were there would say something, because I can't remember. I only know the ones I came with (kids) and Neil Grassbaugh....

Quote:
You need to put some names on the BYCer group shots........or have them identify themselves so we can put a face and name together.

I was hoping the others who were there would say something, because I can't remember. I only know the ones I came with (kids) and Neil Grassbaugh....

Maybe they'll see this and respond.

Quote:

I'm the one in the pink tee shirt with the sunglasses and Sportsterjeep (my hubby) is standing behind me in the cammo shirt.

Quote:

I'm the one in the pink tee shirt with the sunglasses and Sportsterjeep (my hubby) is standing behind me in the cammo shirt.

I'm a space cadet. I knew that!!

Last year I bought several different chickens. Maybe because it was my first year. This year the sales aisles were wider and more inviting. Still I only came home with white call ducks from Foley's Waterfowl, which was a pre-arranged sale.

Back
Top Bottom