What did you do in the garden today?

Oh, no. Those are just pipes for them to climb on. They are recycled from the posts that used to hold up the chicken run fence and before that they were part of the pool my girls used one season. I didn't picture it, but behind me I made a trellis from them and some wire and jute string for my pole beans. I try really hard to reuse everything multiple times. My planters were pallets. I put old vinyl siding inside and on the bottom as a weed barrier.

nice reuse. We do it to John Deer dealer is great place for 4x4's, thick plywood, and crates. We've got the cold weather up here dropped down to 50* going to set tomatoes back.

Bought some starts at our Saturday market then planted 1/2 of the tomatoes I've planed on doing this season. I have three garden boxes and finally finished one. It contains sun sugar, rutger, big beef, Roma an a large red cherry variety. Also planted my Anaheim and monster jalapeño and lastly my two pickling cucumbers. :D So excited!

Hey garden heads..... all of my onion sets (planted 8 weeks ago) have all sprouted flowers. I think I read to remove the flowers so all the energy goes into making the fruit. So I did remove all the flowers.... Right or wrong???? When should the bulbs start to fatten up?

suppose to be dry most of the week. so hopefully i've be able to get my plants in the ground this weekend. so today i watered my plants and thinned some of my bean seedlings. and weeded around them in the garden,

I planed some celery root, summer squash, and a few more potatoes, I need to plant about 50 tomatoes plants but it is horribly windy here today and planning on putting plastic down as I go, trying the red plastic this year

Check beds with a flash light not very good rate on cranberry beans, squash poking threw, butterfly bushes aren't showing any sign of life. Can't help you out on the onions I only grow Egyptian / walking and garlic (can't wait scrapes make pesto ).
Snjhusky; tell us more about jalapeno.
Cricket: Maybe we can send rain to California and Arizona water ways are full had flood warnings over the weekend.
Misbhaven: have you used the red plastic before?
MisterB: where are you hiding?

Back
Top Bottom