What did you do in the garden today?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Dara77, May 27, 2012.

1. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Raked up all the autumn leaves , then the wind picked up again and dumped another load for me. :barnie
    [​IMG]

2. Sill

Sill Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    Watered...

3. Stuffedcritter

Stuffedcritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Canajoharie
    Planted cosmos, zinnias, dalphines, climbing rose bush, beans, burnt back of my legs.

4. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    I planted 25 more tomato plants, some sage, I have bush and pole beans up..need to plant a some more of both, checked on my radish's should have some ready soon.....then it got real warm out, I plan on planting 30 pepper plants and at least 10 more tomato and some more summer squash this evening...

5. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Now have twenty crops growing. Peas, kolhrabi, garlic, onions, asparagus, tomatoes, basil, parsley, marigolds, peanuts, cucumbers, sunflowers, jalapenos, cantelope, ginger, potatoes, sweet potatoes, sage, dill, yellow crookneck squash, zucchini, patty pan squash, and butternut. Oops, that's twenty three. Oh and apples. Beans, corn, watermelon, and okra still await my husband digging up the lettuce bed.

6. Stuffedcritter

Apr 11, 2014
    Canajoharie
    Gosh feel like a slacker compared to the rest of you! Fancy what a beautiful picture make me want grab blanket and good book disappear in tranquility.

7. Shanty

Shanty Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2010
    Canutillo Texas
    Picked some young (read not quite ready even though the wife was) snow peas and cherry tomatoes. Pulled some sweet basil, cilantro, mint (three kinds), and chives for the salad (that contained the snow peas and tomatoes). Watered everything, especially the two apple trees that are loaded with apple-ings; thinned both trees before deep watering. Put down some Preen around the acre as we MIGHT get some rain this weekend (yeah, right), and then placed a sprinkler to water THAT in. Finally took some time to clean and sharpen garden tools. That's all.

[​IMG]
    This is called "square inch" gardening in my yard.

[​IMG]
    Produces lots of peas or snow peas.

[​IMG]
    Those old tomato cages keep the dogs OUT of the raised beds.

[​IMG]
    The gourds are for my wife's crafts; the mint is for my tea.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  8. Stuffedcritter

Apr 11, 2014
    Canajoharie
    Picked up mulch 5 bags cedar for for $10.00 can't believe the price of plants at Lowe's.

9. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma

Crazy aren't they? And they don't even take very good care of them either. We buy at our local coop.

Watered the garden in our 90°heat but didn't get to finish because it started raining. 1 1/2" later I wasn't too worried about it any more. Lol.

10. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    I started 90 % of my own plants...in my basement using a large dog kennel warmer think mega size seed starting mat, and an oxygen tent my daughter had to use when she had RSV..I also buy plants from our local high schools FFA which sells them to raise money they are much cheaper and bigger than the ones at box stores, I have bought a few from a local farm store but they were only .89 for a 4 pack and taken care of.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by