What did you do in the garden today?

probably not going to get anything done today. supposed to have thunderstorms most of the day. at least what i have outside i don't have to water.
idunno.gif

Had those yesterday. The temp dropped about 20 degrees. Yesterday it was 80 something, today its 60. BRRRRRRRRR. I turned the light on for the chicks (they are about 4 weeks) in case they got wet. Good thing, though is I found that only the top layer of the chick starter was wet, so I dug all that out and gave it to them today. That'll make them happy. Those buggers can EAT!! When they were new, a tray full would last a couple days, now a tray full lasts morning and I have to feed at night too. They are growing, though.

Fed chicks this morning. Planning on moving them out to the tractor this weekend. New chicks are hatching and need the brooder. Cutting some bamboo to finish my woven fence. It should be done by Sunday evening. We have decoration at the cemetery Sunday, so I might not get anything else done.

Let the big chickens out today to get some grass to eat. They behaved well, and weeded around my raised beds. They tried to get in the garlic bed, and I shooed them out. They did a great job of weeding between the beds. As soon as I get the rest of my fence fixed, I will let them out for longer. I kept hoping the dog wouldn't show up. That's my brooder in the background. I used cardboard to seal up the vents while it got really cold her the last few days. I made it from a pallet and some poultry netting (1" openings")

Mister B are you using pvc pipe for supports and deep watering? What a great idea hoping to get a glimpse of your fence. We're under flood watch here everything soggy mess.

Back
Top Bottom