What did you do in the garden today?

307B4740-368C-4E60-BF31-62411937AB15.jpeg
F878DF7C-368B-4E41-B175-DF145F2A6070.jpeg
038EB29D-AEE3-4825-823B-C50DA65CBDAB.jpeg
32DB5C96-6D6F-49B3-915D-5683F21B2FFF.jpeg
made pesto of my new zealand spinach, fresh oregano, fresh dill

Did you just add EVOO or is there more to it? Love to start making pestos from garden basil and oregano.

I added a garden sign to compost bins, put soil in new 4x4, and 4x8 beds. Planted chicken salad for my hens in 4x4. Will plant in 4x8 tomorrow for us. The Cleaned out coop. Hens had a nice day foraging. They went back to the coop run 3-4 times but I left the door open and they managed to stay outside for most of day. Ward and I also looked at old hickory sheds up the street in case we can convert one into chick house but he thinks they are too big so probably back to chez poulet plans. Smallest shed 8x8. Only need space for six birds.

Last edited:
I potted some of my winter greens, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and pak choy (or what ever it’s called :lol: ) I and then I reported my big avocado and potted my little one up.
My avocado up graded from a 1 gallon.
26E14561-87AD-436F-91C6-87F9DF197069.jpeg

Then I put my other avocado in the others old pot. My first one used to be that small about 2 months ago when I potted it into its first pot.
A4E2561C-287B-4D5F-923E-A00A23665905.jpeg

And all the greens. :th
AFED7277-7A42-413C-B7BF-04913E3DAAE1.jpeg

to make a pesto is easy pick a green radishes, basil, aromatic is the key
many use pine nuts I vary my nuts this was cashews, new zealand spinach, oregano, dill, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.. I freeze those only adding olive or peanut oil as it used but could use most other oils.. goes great on pizza or pasta

to make a pesto is easy pick a green radishes, basil, aromatic is the key
many use pine nuts I vary my nuts this was cashews, new zealand spinach, oregano, dill, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.. I freeze those only adding olive or peanut oil as it used but could use most other oils.. goes great on pizza or pasta

Sounds great and I love pine nuts. My husband likes to make homemade pizzas on grill. We always have fresh Parmesan in fridge. I think I will be planting some spinach.

Where do you live I planted my new zealand spinach about 2 weeks ago big full leaves
now we never buy pizza the guys love the way we do them.. I keep parmesan and mozzarella cheese for pizza

I am in northern Kentucky. We are pretty much the same. Recently I threw some basil pesto on grilled shrimp and vegetables over orzo. Loved it. I threw in whatever vegetables I had that week mostly peppers, yellow squash, and tomatoes.

Where do you live I planted my new zealand spinach about 2 weeks ago big full leaves
now we never buy pizza the guys love the way we do them.. I keep parmesan and mozzarella cheese for pizza
I almost cried I have jalapenos giving me 6 or 7 a week didn't get the last in the freezer
they went bad

Oh no I freeze and can. I have hot chili too. Both going crazy. I think they like what I like to call chic poo water. When I need to freshen the chic fountain I dump the old in my garden plants. I have frozen about a dozen jalapeños. Dried close to dozen hot chili peppers for winter, and canned about 1/2 dozen half pints of jalapeños. I have two plants of each still going strong. I recently canned 3 pints of mixed vegetables and threw in one of my hot chili peppers chopped. Finding new uses. I think I now need a canning cupboard.

Back
Top Bottom