What did you do in the garden today?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Dara77, May 27, 2012.

1. Stuffedcritter

Stuffedcritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Canajoharie
    You all are so far head of us pictures are such a tease-) We got lucky again been flooding and tornadoes around us winds did a number on my plants, first night in five days we haven't had a weather watch. Blizzard doesn't phase me, we've never been threw a tornado not sure mentally if I could coupe being in cellar that long.

2. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    Take a lantern along, and something to occupy your hands and mind. It seems much longer than it truly is. Living in "Tornado Alley " we cope with it on a yearly basis!

3. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Tilled a spot for planting turnips yesterday. Picked my first cucumber and more squash. Still waiting on tomatoes .

4. chickadoodles

chickadoodles True BYC Addict

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Sounds good. I guess I need to see about planting some seeds for fall also.

5. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Thanks for the planting motivation. I'm always thinking I should get some seeds in the ground during July, but never do, b/c there's no room in the garden. Time to do some pot planting. Did get some Oregano, Sage, and Russian sage planted today, along with some Harlequin seedling Dahlias.

6. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Now is a good time for winter radish also . Daikon and china rose are 2 . Just picked my first Fortex green beans . Boy do they ever get long pods . Kentucky blue has been a favorite but I think Fortex is my new favorite .

7. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    Picked squash and froze tomatoes today. My running lima beans are growing well...no blossoms yet and sweet potato vines look good. Just hope I have some potatoes down there.

8. LoveChickens123

LoveChickens123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Picked tomatoes from 55 plants [​IMG][​IMG]

9. HerbGir1972

HerbGir1972 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2014
    South Carolina
    My Coop
    I picked ocer 10 pounds of tomatoes yesterday because I believe deer brushed thru and the heavy branches just broke
    so I cut most of them up and started making Sweet Green Tomato Pickles. In about 15 minutes I'll give them their first wash off from the lime soak

[​IMG]

I also picked one Jubilee tomato

[​IMG]

And I am entering this Biggie into a contest

[​IMG]

10. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Picked more maters. Going to make spaghetti sauce tomorrow. Sad though. All of my sunflower heads were girdled by something. Ugh.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by