What did you do in the garden today?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Dara77, May 27, 2012.

1. Stuffedcritter

Stuffedcritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Canajoharie
    somebody toss me a tomato PLEASE!

2. HerbGir1972

HerbGir1972 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2014
    South Carolina
    My Coop

My first 3 ripe Park's Whopper Improved here ya go 20 oz of mater for ya [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    I picked enough beans yesterday to have plenty for dinner

4. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Watered the bejeebies out of everything. It was 103° today. Hoping the cantalope, watermelon, and cukes will set some fruit finally. I have huge vnes but no fruit. Sigh.

5. Stuffedcritter

Stuffedcritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Canajoharie
    Thank you! They look yummie baking a loaf of honey white bread to go with them. Lot's of blossoms on tomato plants in main bed group one. The super sweets had them two weeks now not seeing any fruit yet know there's bees around. Maybe all the hard rain screwing with stuff been getting thunder storm everyday . Picked my first ever home grown broccoli yesterday steamed it lite parm. cheese soo good. Next year planting the shadier side of the big bed with ten plants. Had it in my head that brocc. was space eater and demanding plant.

1 person likes this.
  6. HerbGir1972

Mar 16, 2014
    South Carolina
    My Coop
    We picked tomatoes, and of course weeded.
    We deadheaded half of our marigolds for a chicken treat.

We're watching our new plant cukes sprout their first true leaves, means we'll be picking within 30 days.
    I'm tilling some manure into the middle of the garden where things are pretty much done, it will spread to the back as soon as the beans are finished as well as our sunflowers.

I will work toward the garden front from there should have set just long enough when I start putting in my cool season stuffs.

I will sow those into a tray about Aug 18th when the kiddos go back to school.

Not many insect creatures here yet. Just notice a few Japanese beetle on my Wild Hibiscus at the lake shore yesterday.

More having a hard time with the 2 & 4 legged critters (Goats, Deer, Ducks)...LOL

We id pick a monster tomato off a plant that was supposed to max out at 8ox so says all the books
    we picked a 16oz bugger yesterday, and another as well of a smaller type tomato plant today...I'm entering a couple contests....LOL

[​IMG]

7. Bethel3330

Bethel3330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    WV
    I toured the garden and picked cherry tomatoes today. We were a little late staking but hubby's been working on that. I trained some bean tendrils and was just taking stock of everything, and spotted my 6-7 inch long liana beans, with blossoms also still all over the plants. That took me by surprise!
    :clap

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  8. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Picked more summer squash and fried some . Pulled more weeds . Put more cuke and squash seeds to pre sprout 2 days ago and some are sprouting . I have preen in the garden to prevent weeds so I have to start these in pots .

9. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    Wow, now that's a real Whopper!

10. HerbGir1972

Mar 16, 2014
    South Carolina
    My Coop
    More Eggplants
    [​IMG]