What did you do in the garden today?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Dara77, May 27, 2012.

1. HerbGir1972

HerbGir1972 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2014
    South Carolina
    My Coop
    Although some of our tomato plants are finishing up, we've had a really good year with them in 2014 best I can remember.
    We're pickling, salsaing, canning, souping, eating fresh,and marmalading

Here are 2 I picked today they weighed in at 1lb each and was just enough to use as a side dish
    for a supper of 5 people 2 with larger than usual appetities.
    [​IMG]

2. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    so envious I have about 50 plant and have gotten one yellow one I know in another few weeks I will be giving them away.. it stinks to walk out every day to hundreds of green ones taunting me..I did manage to pick enough beans to get 3 more pints and a quart... and only about half of them are producing..I would rather just do quarts but trying to keep on top of it

3. HerbGir1972

HerbGir1972 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2014
    South Carolina
    My Coop
    see there misbhavin
    I'm jealous of your beans, planted two rows, deer and goats ate up one
    the other not producing a lot
    I've only picked about 2 quarts I freeze what I get until I have enough to cook...lol
    Here's what we got today

[​IMG]

4. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Picked green beans , cucumbers , squash and 2 tomatoes . Need to water .

5. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    I am glad I read you post i remembered i turned my water on 2 hrs ago..oh well keep the tomatoes from splitting and the green beans coming ...and i did find about 10 ripe grape tomatoes ripe..not much but the were good on a salad..

6. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    picked about 20 big zuchini on sunday, and put them in a wheel barrow with a free sign on it, They lasted until the afternoon. One guy asked if the wheel barrow was free.

7. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Picked more tomatoes. The big slicers are finally ripening up. Beans are blooming like crazy but the durn grasshoppers keep eating the baby beans. I hate to spray but I'm not sure what else to do to get rid of the buggers. Black eyed peas are blooming good too now but the bugs don't seem to bother them. Hmmm

8. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    Yesterday picked the last of the pole beans, 15 gallons worth. Today canning beans all day.

9. meandthegals

meandthegals Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2014
    Star Idaho
    Pulled LOTS AND LOTS of weeds[​IMG].

And.. red, blue, gold potatoes, blackberries, green beans, yellow/zuchinni squash, basil and my first tomato of the season. Yea!!

10. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    I don't pull much in the way of weeds, (so thankful for mulch!) I just wander around, knocking Japanese beetles into my trap. finally picking a few yellow squash, sugar snaps, lettuce, onions. Blueberries making a nice showing now, Purple raspberries look to be a promising crop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by