What did you do in the garden today?

@WthrLady So, did you ever visit the Airstream factory when you lived there? It’s about 1 hour north of Dayton. That’s a really interesting/worthwhile tour! They take the tour onto the actual floor with the workers, stopping and watching the riveting, and everything else. However, they told us on our tour that they are moving into an all new factory at the end of this year, so I’m not sure how close the tours will get to the action in the future.
If it was free and open to the public we went. There's a whistle factory in Columbus too!

@penny1960 @WthrLady the Kitchen Aid experience store and museum are next to the factory in Ohio. It is fun to see all the colors and see all the accessories. I’ve only been there a couple of times, but went there earlier this year!
From the store: nicely displayed mixers:
View attachment 1978703

then in the lower level are refurbished or floor models or test mixers (exterior color test) for sale - some great deals and lots of colors!
View attachment 1978704 View attachment 1978705 View attachment 1978706

It was fun to visit and shop.
:love:love:love:love Wow! Thanks for sharing- way awesome!

Aloha gang,
I finally have some edible food from my apartment sized garden! We enjoyed a big salad of Manoa lettuce and I had enough asparagus to top our pizza. Also, a few tomato blooms have caught, not in time for TG but good enough. My papaya has been freely giving us fruit almost everyday for the last month or so, have 6 starts ready to plant as soon as I chicken proof another spot. Starfruit and oranges are on second season and I am starting to harvest. :ya Avocados are still cooking but should only be another few weeks till we can pick and start enjoying! Our temps have been in the mid 80's to 70's at night. Still sweating some but not as unbearable as it has been. I love the winters here!!!
Monster attack chickens have been laying better than they did in the summer but with 4 now molting and 2 bantam mix hiding their eggs the number of daily eggs in the nest boxes are only 4-5, not as good as I had hoped... darn freeloaders. Hoping to find the hidden nests b4 its too late. gulp. The mixes are getting better and better at hiding their eggs from me. :(
Got all my shopping done on line this year. Still plan on baking for friends and fun.
20191209_080839.jpg
20191209_080918.jpg
20191209_081145.jpg
20191209_081250.jpg

I still have one empty planter box and wanting to plant zucchini but did not have seeds in my stash and forgot to buy. tic toc... Now that I have monster proofed my boxes, I will be able to stagger my plantings and have more year around veggies like I did b4 I got chickens :yesss:. I'm feeling a little cake and eat it too now. I'm sure next summer will squash my garden bliss back down to size.
My Clerodendrum has been looking fabulous and I couldn't be happier. Will have to add more support b4 it takes my fence down. I did trim and started a few cuttings for friends.
20191203_075253.jpg
20191108_141508.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the green if your area is turning brown and all are well!!!

I exposed/moved/fought with my 55 gallon compost bin today for the chickens benefit so they could eat some grubs and BSFLs as we had a cold front drop us from yesterdays high of 88/74 this am to 55.
Then the sensitives were either drug in or drug up to the South facing porch to protect from the north winds. Thank goodness I plant in "Root pouches" because some were in 15 gallon planters. https://www.greenhousemegastore.com/root-pouch-boxer-brown-fabric-pot-longest-lifespan if you want a source for them and more information. The big benefit of them is roots don't encircle and strangle each other in the planter and they make a nice root ball for your big plant transplants. Plus the 2 handles make it easy for a hubby n wife team to move em.

@penny1960 @WthrLady the Kitchen Aid experience store and museum are next to the factory in Ohio. It is fun to see all the colors and see all the accessories. I’ve only been there a couple of times, but went there earlier this year!
From the store: nicely displayed mixers:
View attachment 1978703

then in the lower level are refurbished or floor models or test mixers (exterior color test) for sale - some great deals and lots of colors!
View attachment 1978704 View attachment 1978705 View attachment 1978706

It was fun to visit and shop.
I have a friend that would LOVE the purple mixer!

IMG_5040.JPG
IMG_5036.JPG
IMG_5011.JPG
IMG_5003.JPG
IMG_5049.JPG

Went on the St. Louis Polar Express train ride this evening with 2 of the grandkids, my hubby and a son-in-law ( not pictured). Everyone had a good time. We each got a chocolate chip cookie, hot chocolate and a commemorative Polar Express coffee (hot chocolate) mug!
This morning before all that I burned some more downed branches. I need to get out to the garden and turn under the rye grass I planted. Not sure how long you are supposed to let it grow. I know you have to turn it under before it goes to seed, but that's all I know.

Back
Top Bottom