What did you do in the garden today?

View attachment 2023191
some of my bulbs are trying to come up now!! I think they are trying too soon. Also working on cleaning out the chicken coop and dumping all the shavings in the garden.
A lot of my flower bulbs are coming up too. They tend to come up right through the snow in my experience, especially the daffodils, which will be in bloom by Easter.

The BLUEBIRDS are BACk, and for some reason the bees decided to come out today. Silly things.
I have a broody icelandic hen, who is bat crap crazy. She is quick to break though.
Plumber came and went. Now to finish the basement bath, I simply need to sink some dowels and set the threshold piece and caulk around the commode and the wall seam. Oh, and rehang a shelf in the closet.

Surfing through jungs.com to look at some bare root apple trees as replacements. Wondering if they'll do better than the potted ones I've been getting for 6 years.

The BLUEBIRDS are BACk, and for some reason the bees decided to come out today. Silly things.
I have a broody icelandic hen, who is bat crap crazy. She is quick to break though.
Plumber came and went. Now to finish the basement bath, I simply need to sink some dowels and set the threshold piece and caulk around the commode and the wall seam. Oh, and rehang a shelf in the closet.

Surfing through jungs.com to look at some bare root apple trees as replacements. Wondering if they'll do better than the potted ones I've been getting for 6 years.
I got a bare root apple tree from them and it is doing really well. Much better than the potted one I got from a local nursery.

my mill just caught fire. OMG!

It made a weird noise twice and stopped running, So I figured it was full. So I turned it off, and unplugged it and opened the canister. Yup full. So I emptied the can and hooked it back up, plugged it in and turned it on. Nope, nothing.

So I checked the mill youtube trouble shooting videos. The exit hole was plugged and the motor safety tripped. So I pushed in the reset button, and vacuumed out the hole. Plugged in and turned it on, whirrrrr and nothing. Unplugged it, cleaned out more flour. Plugged it back in and held my hand over the hole. Turned it on, whirr and SMOKE POURED out of the bottom. Turned it off and unplugged and raced it across the house and on to the deck.

When it cooled off, I looked it over. In the exit hole there was a piece of weird looking rubbery opaque stuff just bigger than a pencil led. All up and twisted in the hole. All told, about 8 inches long, and came out in 3 pieces. Some gasket somewhere went kaflooey and got caught up in there.

I am disappointed and ticked off. I'll call Nutrimill tomorrow, but dang it. I'm tossing a whole canister of flour too. No idea if any of whatever it is got in there.

Good grief. I've only made 10 cups of flour with it. (initial 3 cups of clean the new mill flour and 7cups of flour for bread)
ARGH.

my mill just caught fire. OMG!

It made a weird noise twice and stopped running, So I figured it was full. So I turned it off, and unplugged it and opened the canister. Yup full. So I emptied the can and hooked it back up, plugged it in and turned it on. Nope, nothing.

So I checked the mill youtube trouble shooting videos. The exit hole was plugged and the motor safety tripped. So I pushed in the reset button, and vacuumed out the hole. Plugged in and turned it on, whirrrrr and nothing. Unplugged it, cleaned out more flour. Plugged it back in and held my hand over the hole. Turned it on, whirr and SMOKE POURED out of the bottom. Turned it off and unplugged and raced it across the house and on to the deck.

When it cooled off, I looked it over. In the exit hole there was a piece of weird looking rubbery opaque stuff just bigger than a pencil led. All up and twisted in the hole. All told, about 8 inches long, and came out in 3 pieces. Some gasket somewhere went kaflooey and got caught up in there.

I am disappointed and ticked off. I'll call Nutrimill tomorrow, but dang it. I'm tossing a whole canister of flour too. No idea if any of whatever it is got in there.

Good grief. I've only made 10 cups of flour with it. (initial 3 cups of clean the new mill flour and 7cups of flour for bread)
ARGH.
Whoa! That's scary! It's a good thing you were right there and not across the kitchen ... or the house! My little toaster oven went up in flames a while back (and almost took my kitchen cabinets with it!) Luckily we were right there, as well. It's a shame about your flour. You were so excited about it! Hopefully, Nutrimill will make good on the loss. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom