What did you do in the garden today?

It's still so muddy just awful just awful I did take a couple pictures of them growing up named my Blue marans cockerel finally not so original but he is Blue now has claimed the
grow out coop as his own .. Still have not decided what to do there
005.jpg
004.jpg

Good morning gardeners. Thank you so much @WthrLady for the graphic on Maryland tornadoes. I'm a weather watcher and remembered numerous storms back in the day. And yes @TropicalBabies, F0's and F1's do count and they do a lot of damage. There were 3 less intense tornadoes on Cape Cod just this past summer and they did quite a bit of damage. No serious personal injuries. Well the temperature was 10F this morning when I crawled out of bed, but it has warmed up to a balmy 17F and is expected to go up into the low 30's. I was looking at okra plants online and they produce some very lovely flowers, so I'm thinking I will plant them in my front yard. The neighbors won't recognize them as okra plants, just flowers. LOL! The best sun is in the front yard so they should do well there. I'm swapping out the bell peppers this year and planting them in the large pots in the front yard and planting jalapenos in the main garden. I was disappointed with my pepper harvest last summer so hopefully this works out. Nothing to do outside today, just making sure the chicken's have liquid water to drink. All that slush is frozen solid so hopefully there will be some melting today. Have a great day everyone.
F0 don't do too much, and F1 will do some damage - down trees, flip cars, tear off rooves, knock over chimneys, flip trailers.

I was referencing more to @MRO s point. The weather is changing and becoming more drastic/dramatic as the years go by. I personally have seen and felt many, many changes to our islands too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hawaii_tornadoes.
You gals are very aware of your weather and facts... maybe you will find this interesting & note the upswing in #'s and financial cost. WOW!
https://data.delmarvanow.com/tornado-archive/

Happy ALOHA Sunday all!
DH went to bfast with mom to meet the cousins. I stayed back and took over the feed duty and trap check. No body in the trap yet. The ranch is a little busy as we have Waimea Plantation Days Celebration and a Rodeo in a couple weeks and they are bringing in the cows for training now. The boys get a bit of a break during all of the ruckus as it is best to just stay out of the way. Our morning is absolutely beautiful though the winds have kicked back in.
20200209_100834.jpg

The T&G was loaded with black mold and having the latter's up was the perfect time to take care of it.
20200209_085411.jpg

20200209_085434.jpg

Looks beautiful when cleaned up, just a pain to do it. May continue lanai work, not sure because of winds and mom.
I spotted about another 5 tomatoes formed but plenty flowers. I need to clean up the plants B4 they get a fungus. Will cut some more arugula for my lunch time salad. Yum!!!

Last edited:
It's still so muddy just awful just awful I did take a couple pictures of them growing up named my Blue marans cockerel finally not so original but he is Blue now has claimed the
grow out coop as his own .. Still have not decided what to do there View attachment 2022275View attachment 2022276
Oh my goodness, that is super soaked isn't it? I hope you get drier weather and sunshine soon!

Good evening all, I was able to get some more seeds started late tonight. Cleaned up the backyard a little bit this afternoon. Ground is very wet and more rain tonight thru Tuesday. At least it's kinda warm but I'd like a hard freeze for at least 2 weeks to help with insect control. Wouldn't mind some snow either this winter. I did get to watch some of the NASCAR coverage from Daytona today as well. Have a good night. Hope your weekends were enjoyable and productive!

Good morning all. Yesterday's weather didn't go quite as predicted. The temps hovered around freezing all day, then snow showers on top of all the ice made it very slippery. I fell on my way to the chicken coop. Nothing broken, just felt stupid for not sanding before trying to walk on ice. I'm sure I will feel achy after lunch today. I woke up to freezing rain this morning but now it's getting warmer and the "warm" rain is making slush again. What was that you were asking for @Farmdog267? I'll be heading out to my exercise class in a bit. I plan on picking up the starter soil on my way home. Then I will work on reconfiguring the plants in the sunroom to accommodate the starter trays. I'm not sure if I can install my new mailbox this week as the weather looks to be cold and wet / snowy maybe? They actually mentioned the flooding in Washington State @penny1960. Has the snow pack started to melt yet? I remember that caused some flooding in Eastern Washington when I lived there. Love all the sunny, green pictures. Thank you. I'm glad your MIL is having a good time @TropicalBabies. Have a great day everyone.

From 1950-Aug of 2017 You're welcomeView attachment 2021568
Thanks! That's pretty neat! And you're right about the smaller scale tornadoes. They happen all the time, pretty much everywhere along the East Coast, not just Maryland. Unless they've hit something significant or cause some news-worthy (dirty laundry) type damage, they don't get much attention. They generally just make a very localized mess. The damage is pretty minimal, unless you're the poor soul dealing with it!
I was referring to the more dramatic ones ... "real tornadoes," as my mid-western raised Mama refers to them. Either those are happening more frequently, or the smaller ones are getting more attention. That could well, be, too, since our burgeoning population makes "development" more accessible to Mother Nature!

Back
Top Bottom