What did you do in the garden today?

Sorry about the loss of your loved Jazzy RIP:hugs.
I love your terraced boxes- what a clean and organized space and your mulch is divine!!! :love

Thank you! We've had 3 beautiful truckloads delivered so far, hoping for more. We must have had at least 5 or 6 last year & we used it all. Chipdrop rocks. & DH is pretty handy, he did a great job leveling the beds on a hill.

Our garden is really taking off this year! We are right on the border of Planting Zone 8/9 and my radishes have already come up and taste nice and mild due to the cool weather. Tomorrow I'll plant some more radishes in as many spots as I can find.

Tomatoes, Peppers, Squash and Zucchini have all started to form. Thankful that the Carpenter Bees that we've been seeing the last 7 or 8 years keep coming back. I don't even mind them boring into the deck since the do such a good job of pollination!

Its raining now so no work on the Coop or the Garden. Might have to settle in with a bit of brown whisky in a few minutes...Its 5 O'Clock somewhere, right?
:thumbsup

Gonna give you all a recipe straight for my dented brain
Dirty rice
1 1/2 c of rice cooked
2 c water
Cook till tender
add cubed meat any kind
1/8 c basil
dice an onion
1/8 c cloves
1/8 c pepper
2 diced, seeded and veined pepper (your choice) I used Serrano
2 c meat broth
This looks interesting! Thanks!

I noticed its a lot of simple ingredients, not too expensive or hard to get! Times like this, this is exactly right for simple but good taste dishes.

Bored home-bound people fell under the spell of the big box garden centers and planted their gardens as plants came in.
The rule here is nothing goes in the ground here (except potato starts, and cold crop) before Mother's Day. PERIOD. June 1st is even better, since nothing will get going until the soil warms up anyway.
We're headed for the low 30s for the next few days like many. All my stuff is still inside except for their little jaunts outside to enjoy some sunshine.

A cold rain is about to fall.

Today the sewing machine will be seeing the first PERSONAL sewing project in 9 weeks. People will have to beg me to make more masks. I did a request yesterday, and it was all I could do to finish the 12 of them. That brings me to 237 masks, and 40 fitted surgical caps.

Left arm is covered in sore bruises. Giant hole in my hand is about 1/4 healed up. Still stings like the dickens. At least the alpaca spit smell is out of my hair. LOL.
Wow, great job staying busy!

We have rules like that here too, to avoid planting because of late weather troubles. But you guys have had more flooding. I wish you luck and success.

That's really amazing how many masks you did. Have you tried selling some of them? Or are you just doing service?

sorry, I have only grown regular onions & scallions & never had to move any dirt!
I know it's to make the white part of the onion longer so I'll just play it by ear, thanks.
And I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs

Boots, I grew them last year. I didn't bother heaping anymore dirt on the spring onions and the leeks I just did a little when they got a little thicker. I've planted leek seedlings this year in the new, big garden bed that gets sun and shade during the day. Apparently leeks like a little less sun. I'm just hoping the little seedlings make it through this cold Spring. The ones I grew in full sun last year were OK, but didn't get super big. I'm hoping the shade helps this year.
Interesting, I had no idea about the sun/shade thing. I've planted half in full sun and half where the tomato plants will be shading them so it'll be a good test.

Was hoping the felt pots would get here today but maybe tomorrow. Potted one of the black cherry tomatoes in a huge pot with a bunch of sweet basil planted around them. Picked up more potting soil and some steer manure 'cuz the darned rabbits aren't pooping enough.:rant

Dumped liquid fertilizer on everything in sight. Going back to the hardware/lumber store tomorrow to get all the things I forgot today: 4' x 50' wire fencing, more fish fertilizer, and the 30 fence boards we paid for but didn't get loaded. :gig

Back
Top Bottom